• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do you enjoy seeing England's cricket team get beaten ?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Clown Symonds was one of the best posters on this forum, he is missed. However, Clown Roy speaks partially some truth.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Clown Symonds was one of the best posters on this forum, he is missed. However, Clown Roy speaks partially some truth.
Clown Symonds was a tool. I don't see what could possibly have given you the impression you've got there. I guess I must have ignored so many of his posts that I missed the good stuff. :blink:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I liked Clown as well, his stuff was generally more funny and tongue-in-cheek then BLEs, or so it seemed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How does the name-creation of "Clown Roy" mirror anyone more than "Clown Symonds"?
They've almost all been name-of-player accompanied some other adjective (Ross Douglas excepted), though obviously his initial Shane Warne was name only. They've also been grammatically correct - ie (unlike ClownSymonds) with capitals and spaces (BingLeeElectric excepted) unlike so many. It just instantly struck me as the same as "God Jayasuriya" and "Saqqy Mush".

Also, the location kinda gave it away for me. Ealing is just the latest in a line of clever places.