Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistan's Round table !!!

International Captain

Icon4 Pakistan's Round table !!!

What to be done from now on ?
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Another Pakistan thread?

Meh. I'll let it run for now and merge a couple of them in future.

Regarding the topic at hand, start by sacking the poor players - Imran Nazir, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Danish Kaneria, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved. Obviously referring to ODI cricket, though Sami and Naved can go from cricket in general.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Another Pakistan thread?

Meh. I'll let it run for now and merge a couple of them in future.

Regarding the topic at hand, start by sacking the poor players - Imran Nazir, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Danish Kaneria, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved. Obviously referring to ODI cricket, though Sami and Naved can go from cricket in general.
    Why Younis and Danish ?

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Why Younis and Danish ?
    Because they're rubbish ODI players, and that's where Pakistan's main woes are at the moment.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Because they're rubbish ODI players, and that's where Pakistan's main woes are at the moment.
    Younis is not a bad ODI player at all IMHO and Danish hasn't even been tried properly in the ODIs yet !

International Captain
    New ODI team

Hafeez
    Yasir Hameed
    Younis
    Yousaf
    Shoaib
    Shahid
    Azhar
    Akmal
    Gul
    Asif
    Kaneria

Younis is not a bad ODI player at all IMHO and Danish hasn't even been tried properly in the ODIs yet !
    I'm not merely of the opinion that he's a poor ODI player - he just is. He simply has not performed in ODI cricket.

To quote myself:
    He is definitely NOT a quality ODI player!
    He averages less than 30 against teams other than Zimbabwe.
    In 46 of his 127 completed ODI innings he has failed to reach 10. That means 36% of the time he fails to reach 10. That's less than 1 in 3. Too strict? Well in 70 of his 127 completed ODI innings he has failed to reach 20. So 55% of the time he fails to reach 20.

He has 2 ODI hundreds in 145 ODI innings. One of those - his highest ODI score - came against Hong Kong - 144.

Younis averages 49.85 (349 runs in 10 innings) against Bangladesh, with all of those innings coming before 2005, when it's easy to argue that Bangladesh was far from the side of present day. He averages 27.57 against sides other than Zimbabwe, Hong Kong and Bangladesh with 1 hundred and 18 fifties in 124 innings.

He has 176 runs in 5 innings combined (44 avge) against Kenya-Scotland-Ireland-Namibia combined. So take out all minnows and he averages 26.95.

Please, do tell in what way Younis Khan is at all possibly a quality ODI player. He's a poor ODI batsman. He simply is.
    How can you argue with that? Blatant evidence against Younis' claim to being a decent ODI player.

And Danish Kaneria is so far short of ODI standard, it's baffling that he's anywhere near the team.

i think they should make sepprate one day and test team. players like younis khan danish kaneria and hafeez shouldn't be even close to the one day side. i think they should drop hafeez from both form of cricket with rana, sami,and azhar and they should be dumbed from the team for ever.

International Captain
    Honestly speaking
    I have no idea from where to start and where to finish !
    I guess chosing a sane head of the board likes of Imran and a coach likes of Dav Watmore is the need of the day
    I dont know it's messed up and beyond my control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly speaking
    I have no idea from where to start and where to finish !
    I guess chosing a sane head of the board likes of Imran and a coach likes of Dav Watmore is the need of the day
    I dont know it's messed up and beyond my control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if pakistan cricket board request from imran khan to be the coach and if imran takes this responsibilty, pakistan would get over all this mess soon and would become a strong team. think about shoaib malik, younis khan and afridi as a captain of the team with imran khan coaching the team. i think this would be the best move ever in this type of satuation.

Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    afridi as a captain of the team
    i think this would be the best move ever in this type of satuation.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    if pakistan cricket board request from imran khan to be the coach and if imran takes this responsibilty, pakistan would get over all this mess soon and would become a strong team. think about shoaib malik, younis khan and afridi as a captain of the team with imran khan coaching the team. i think this would be the best move ever in this type of satuation.
    What coaching credentials does Imran Khan have? Great players are completely different from great coaches.

And if there is one thing that could make me stop supporting Pakistani cricket, it would be Afridi as captain.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    What coaching credentials does Imran Khan have? Great players are completely different from great coaches.

And if there is one thing that could make me stop supporting Pakistani cricket, it would be Afridi as captain.
    Imran was a good leader, a good captain and according to the players who played the world cup 92 with him, imran was not only thier captain thier coach also. i don't think a good player needs coaching crednetials to coach a team.

Why is that so? i suppose afridi has a good record against india that is why. i was considering him as a captain cuz he is the most sainor player after inzi. a talented cricket and allrounder. he is a team's man.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Imran was a good leader, a good captain and according to the players who played the world cup 92 with him, imran was not only thier captain thier coach also. i don't think a good player needs coaching crednetials to coach a team.

Why is that so? i suppose afridi has a good record against india that is why. i was considering him as a captain cuz he is the most sainor player after inzi. a talented cricket and allrounder. he is a team's man.
    Team's man? How many times has he gotten out playing a totally ridiculous shot when his team needed him to stay?

A good player needs to be able to coach to coach a team. It takes more than being a good player or even a good leader. There's more to it than that, especially at international level.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information