• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan's Round table !!!

godofcricket

State 12th Man
The fact is anyone can make any number if they get the right number of let-offs. I'm not interested in what someone got before a chance was taken, I'm interested in what they get before they do what will normally result in dismissal.
Unfortunetly for you richard your not in a position to decide who gets to play and who doesnt, i agreed long before what ur saying now that it wasnt his best innings but he did make 160, full stop. thats the way it goes, he had luck that day so he scored runs. I will say again I believe he has alot of talent and agree he needs to be selective in his shot selection, once he learns to be more selective he will be a huge success.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I watched the highlights of his 160, and it wasnt as bad as ur making out to be.....you have to look at the positive side aswel.....that innings clearly showed hes got an amazing ability to strike the ball, he gave chances and he might have played some ugly shots but you cant take the credit away from that innings. The most important thing for me is the confidence he will get out it., you see the major problem with this pakistani line-up is the confidence, i watched that inzi innings and was thinking why did he not play such attackingly before?? and why didnt he come 2 down before that last innings when our openers constantly failed and the team was always under pressure and required the captain to lead from the front? It was completely above me.....

I feel nazir is the opener they should carry on with for atleast 6 to 8 months, hes got amazing talent, hes a very attacking player and more importantly hes not scared to go after the bowling, i do believe he needs to be abit more selective in his shot selection but that can easily come if a senior player or coach is ready to work on him. But removing a player who just scored 160 and got man of the match award to be DROPPED???? that would be completely insane.
A lot of players can strike the ball well and there are some who can do it better than Nazir and still aren't very good players. Dwayne Smith is a superb ball striker and can generate power from practically nothing. But he's a poor batsman. There is nothing to suggest that Nazir is a worthwhile international batsman. You need to be able to do more than hit a ball to be of international standard.

It was a clear example of an innings of quantity against a poor attack by a player with nothing to lose. It was not an innings of quality. Good selectors look at more than figures and try to see the reality of a situation. Sadly, the Pakistan selectors are not very good, as they picked Nazir in the first place.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unfortunetly for you richard your not in a position to decide who gets to play and who doesnt, i agreed long before what ur saying now that it wasnt his best innings but he did make 160, full stop. thats the way it goes, he had luck that day so he scored runs. I will say again I believe he has alot of talent and agree he needs to be selective in his shot selection, once he learns to be more selective he will be a huge success.
But he is in a position to state an opinion, and he's doing so.
Exactly.