• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An AutoBiogrophy by Gill Woolmer

Bouncer

State Regular
I dont want to sound insensitive by talking about it as Bob has just past away. But wouldn't that be a wonderful reading as Bob was the couch when whole Hansie Cronje saga took place (Match Fixing, Indian Tour 2000, WC 99, That Test Match with Eng)and the time he spent with Pak, i am pretty sure there must have been things that nobody came to know and perhaps Bob discussed them with Gill. all this can make it a heck of a Book.

a massive zebra

International Captain
The question you should ask yourself, is it possible to write after you've just died?
Of course not, but when you die having written an autobiography, you have written an autobiography of a dead person. Don Bradman's Farewell to Cricket is a good example of an autobiography of a dead person.

CStobbart

Cricket Spectator
An Autibiography by Gill Woolmer

In all fairness and due to the sensitivity of the position Gill is in I think you are being extremely insensitive to her feelings at this time. I have known her for a long time now and she is a lovely person and does not need to have any more insensitive comments thrown at her. Everyone should just leave her alone and let her mourne the loss of her husband in peace.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing in this thread is insensitive, as far as I can see. Bob Woolmer is dead, it's a fact. No point wrapping it in cotton wool.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
^Yeah a bit odd. Nothing offensive or insensitive in this thread at all.

CStobbart

Cricket Spectator
Perhaps not insensitive to you but bear in mind that her dead husband's body has not yet been released to her - put yourselves in her shoes and ask the question of how would you be feeling at this time!!!!

CStobbart

Cricket Spectator
Perhaps not insensitive to you but bear in mind that her dead husband's body has not yet been released to her - put yourselves in her shoes and ask the question of how would you be feeling at this time!!!!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But... what have we have said got to do with that? Nothing that's been said in this thread has been insensitive.

pasag

RTDAS
This a public forum though, a cricketing forum even and such things are going to be discussed. If anything moderators have disallowed any discussion about the conspiracy theories surrounding the death and so on, taking into account those sensitivities. And anyways as Andy said above, there hasn't been anything insensitive said yet.