• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nasim Ashraf, Chairman of the PCB, has resigned

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Breaking news filtering through on local news channels. Pretty much confirmed, still waiting for an official response.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, the bloodbath was bound to happen. The question will be if the people replacing him can turn things around.

Fusion

Global Moderator
This news, if true, was overdue tbh. I had a lot more respect for his predecessor than him. Naseem seemed to have no clue on how to run a cricket board. He always seemed to handle matters incorrectly and controversially (Waqar's removal, the "ban" on English in press-conferences etc). I will echo Kamran Abbasi here and say that we need a valid constitution and a democratically elected Chairman of PCB. Whoever the guy is, needs to have some experience in running a large organization (successfully). Let's spend good money on him, but let's get it right this time!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, even by the standards of PCB-Chairmanship, poor old Dr Ashraf seemed ill-regarded.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rodgie... :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty: Do you get some major kick out of posting saying people are breaking the rules?

Because that sure as is how it comes across.

There really are times when you can be an ungreatful sod - and that's a far worse thing to say than ****. Incidentally, I just typed four asterisks there - that's the great thing about the filter, the whole point - you don't know what someone's saying.

The fact that you've got yourself so vehemently disliked by people as tolerant as Matt Pitt says it all to me.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Ashraf was an inexperianced guy who seems to have little knowledge of the game, however the best news for Pak fans should be the outster of selection committee, who were completely incompetent and corrupt.