Thread: While we mourn his death, lets celebrate his life too.

While we mourn his death, lets celebrate his life too.

While the whole cricketing world is mourning his death including me, I just wondered if it really was a tragedy? Yes a great person is not among us, but death is inevitable, it will strike on everything that lives.

In my opinion,Woolmer was fortunate. In life and death. He did what he loved most when he lived and he died for what he loved most too. It could have ended 5 years later in a cozy bed in london, but that was not to be. A perfect exit to a lover of the game. Even to his last day he involved in the best level of cricket being played.

Even the worst day of his life was better the best days of most.

I still have 4 emails from Woolmer in my inbox. I will read them again today. I will miss him. As a Pakistani i would like to see PCB name a stand or a Pavlion after him in Qadaffi stadium where he spent most of his time in Pakistan.

His relationship with Pakistan and its cricket team was too human to be calculated. Too complexed to be explainedAny tribute would not be enough. The road from Woolmer to Bob cannot be descirbed in words or cannot be celebrated by any honor.I will always find comfort in the thought that he was born in India, lived as a Britisher....but he died as a Pakistani coach.

In some way "Bob", you belonged to us and we to you. If there is a cricket ground in paradise then i hope to see you on the balcony with a laptop in front of you.

Good Bye!

good bye MR WOOLMER

such a shame to hear about the death of bob woolmer, he was a legend, not just for his contributions to Pakistan cricket, but to the whole game of cricket both coaching and playing,

good bye bob woolmer, a true legend
    two words - ODI's SUCK

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    I wouldn't exactly call dying of an overdose after one of the worst coaching days in his life a perfect end but good thread still.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Quote Originally Posted by rodzilla1010 View Post
    While the whole cricketing world is mourning his death including me, I just wondered if it really was a tragedy? Yes a great person is not among us, but death is inevitable, it will strike on everything that lives.

In my opinion,Woolmer was fortunate. In life and death. He did what he loved most when he lived and he died for what he loved most too. It could have ended 5 years later in a cozy bed in london, but that was not to be. A perfect exit to a lover of the game. Even to his last day he involved in the best level of cricket being played.

I still have 4 emails from Woolmer in my inbox. I will read them again today. I will miss him. As a Pakistani i would like to see PCB name a stand or a Pavlion after him in Qadaffi stadium where he spent most of his time in Pakistan.

His relationship with Pakistan and its cricket team was too human to be calculated. Too complexed to be explainedAny tribute would not be enough. The road from Woolmer to Bob cannot be descirbed in words or cannot be celebrated by any honor.I will always find comfort in the thought that he was born in India, lived as a Britisher....but he died as a Pakistani coach.

In some way "Bob", you belonged to us and we to you. If there is a cricket ground in paradise then i hope to see you on the balcony with a laptop in front of you.

Good Bye!

Can you share those emails with us. Just Copy and paste them.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodzilla1010 View Post

Good Bye!
    Yeah, it's quite touching TBH how many Pakistanis seem to feel this way - the sort of "Bob was one of us" mentality.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    yes share the emails please

While I agree with the main sentiment of the first post, I'm not really sure about some of the points made.

International Captain
    I don't really feel like doing any cricket relating activity .
    It all started off with yet another Hair related issue then came mental issues of the captain followed by doping charges laid on the idiots , Bizarre series in SA , Unfit players , Loss to Ireland and on top of all Death of a great person related to the game !
    Sad sad times for Pakistan cricket , Am really broken down internally !!!
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Thread Information