• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

While we mourn his death, lets celebrate his life too.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
While the whole cricketing world is mourning his death including me, I just wondered if it really was a tragedy? Yes a great person is not among us, but death is inevitable, it will strike on everything that lives.

In my opinion,Woolmer was fortunate. In life and death. He did what he loved most when he lived and he died for what he loved most too. It could have ended 5 years later in a cozy bed in london, but that was not to be. A perfect exit to a lover of the game. Even to his last day he involved in the best level of cricket being played.

Even the worst day of his life was better the best days of most.

I still have 4 emails from Woolmer in my inbox. I will read them again today. I will miss him. As a Pakistani i would like to see PCB name a stand or a Pavlion after him in Qadaffi stadium where he spent most of his time in Pakistan.

His relationship with Pakistan and its cricket team was too human to be calculated. Too complexed to be explainedAny tribute would not be enough. The road from Woolmer to Bob cannot be descirbed in words or cannot be celebrated by any honor.I will always find comfort in the thought that he was born in India, lived as a Britisher....but he died as a Pakistani coach.

In some way "Bob", you belonged to us and we to you. If there is a cricket ground in paradise then i hope to see you on the balcony with a laptop in front of you.

Good Bye!

demonmail4

Cricket Spectator
good bye MR WOOLMER

such a shame to hear about the death of bob woolmer, he was a legend, not just for his contributions to Pakistan cricket, but to the whole game of cricket both coaching and playing,

good bye bob woolmer, a true legend

open365

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't exactly call dying of an overdose after one of the worst coaching days in his life a perfect end but good thread still.

Bouncer

State Regular
While the whole cricketing world is mourning his death including me, I just wondered if it really was a tragedy? Yes a great person is not among us, but death is inevitable, it will strike on everything that lives.

In my opinion,Woolmer was fortunate. In life and death. He did what he loved most when he lived and he died for what he loved most too. It could have ended 5 years later in a cozy bed in london, but that was not to be. A perfect exit to a lover of the game. Even to his last day he involved in the best level of cricket being played.

I still have 4 emails from Woolmer in my inbox. I will read them again today. I will miss him. As a Pakistani i would like to see PCB name a stand or a Pavlion after him in Qadaffi stadium where he spent most of his time in Pakistan.

His relationship with Pakistan and its cricket team was too human to be calculated. Too complexed to be explainedAny tribute would not be enough. The road from Woolmer to Bob cannot be descirbed in words or cannot be celebrated by any honor.I will always find comfort in the thought that he was born in India, lived as a Britisher....but he died as a Pakistani coach.

In some way "Bob", you belonged to us and we to you. If there is a cricket ground in paradise then i hope to see you on the balcony with a laptop in front of you.

Good Bye!

Can you share those emails with us. Just Copy and paste them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Good Bye!
Yeah, it's quite touching TBH how many Pakistanis seem to feel this way - the sort of "Bob was one of us" mentality.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
While I agree with the main sentiment of the first post, I'm not really sure about some of the points made.

FRAZ

International Captain
I don't really feel like doing any cricket relating activity .
It all started off with yet another Hair related issue then came mental issues of the captain followed by doping charges laid on the idiots , Bizarre series in SA , Unfit players , Loss to Ireland and on top of all Death of a great person related to the game !
Sad sad times for Pakistan cricket , Am really broken down internally !!!