• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Inaugural Agarkar Award

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Well here it is, people! The Agarkar Award, to be awarded to those who play those stupid shots, bowl bouncers to people who hook well or muff a simple chance in the field. It can also be awarded to those who just do stupid things in general!

This is how it works: anyone who has a nominee for the Agarkar Award will U2U me with who they think should win it. The winner will be announced every fortnight, depending on the choices (in terms of quality or quantity) after long deliberations between myself and the judges.

The winner of the Inaugural Agarkar Award is:

Nasser Hussain

This is a bit retrospective but well deserved. Why, oh WHY did he choose to bowl first on the 'Gabba?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just want to point out one thing: I'm actually one of the few Agarkar fans on the forum. I think he's an extremely talented bowler who may be going through quite a rough time at the minute.

So just remember kiddies this is all in fun. :)

That's my disclaimer and I'm sticking with it. :D

masterblaster

International Captain
Join the club Corey I too am an Agarkar fan (well sort of), and also would you like to join the society?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[Edited on 27/11/2002 by masterblaster]

masterblaster

International Captain
Ive posted this in another topic, but once again, as a Cricketweb India staff reporter, I would love to do an interview with Ajit Agarkar, Ive met him before and had a long chat about his game, so next
time when India tour Australia I can catch up with him again, but before that happens anyone know his real email address? Who knows he might remember me and we might get an interview for the fans of Agarkar and the "admirers".

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You think he'd actually give an interview if he knew that it was for the biggest baggers of his career????

masterblaster

International Captain
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You think he'd actually give an interview if he knew that it was for the biggest baggers of his career????
lol... I wouldnt tell him that though
We all love Agarkar here at Cricketweb

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:P :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I've seen harsher comments made about Agarkar in other forums, so I doubt we'd top his list as to which websites should be avoided.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Ajit must be coming to NZ soon. Maybe one of us will be able to grab him for a second.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
Ajit must be coming to NZ soon. Maybe one of us will be able to grab him for a second.
Well it'd be pretty east to grab one of his ears, it's making sure he doesn't get away! :lol:

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
ROFL hehehe :lol:

Wonder why doesn't he then listen to Ganguly shouting at the top his lungs ?

going over the wall there though marc.....:lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nasser Hussain

This is a bit retrospective but well deserved. Why, oh WHY did he choose to bowl first on the 'Gabba?
Interestingly, I was looking at an Ashes tour preview that came in the Times - CMJ's article on the way to attack the Ashes with a view to winning them. He said that we had to win the toss and bowl first in the First Test!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I HATE AGARKAR

we are the HAA , Hate Ajit Agarkar for life group... never am i going to respect him until he wins the wlcup for India... or close enough atleast takes a wicket while playing bangladesh or kenya without giving away more than 30 runs of his first 2 overs

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess some of us will be running for cover if he rolls Cairns, Astle, McMillan & co cheaply.

He's actually quite a quick bowler for his slight body frame.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Lord, how can you hate the spiritual leader of this forum?
Cause i just bloody hate him from Day 1 , man if he gets cairns and all out cheaply it will be only at 1 O.D with Agarkar he cant continue a feat more than once ... and that too the selectors will continue to pick him for the World Cup Doom i tell ya :( :( :(

Satan has come in the form of Agarkar !!!!! or me ? :(! :(! :(! :(!

V Reddy

International Debutant
Originally posted by Tim
I guess some of us will be running for cover if he rolls Cairns, Astle, McMillan & co cheaply.

He's actually quite a quick bowler for his slight body frame.
He used to have much more pace than he actually has now. He used to be in low 140's but it has decreased to low 130's in last couple of years.

He ran through the NZ top order of Astle,Howell,Cairns, etc,. in Sharjah and SRL when he was at his peak. He had 2 4wkt hauls against NZ and also went below 40 runs in those games. He had a late outswinger at that time.