• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 11th-18th March

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

We will double up next week

Still looking for a judge

1. The Warne for best thread
2. The Bradman for best poster

A great week of cricket but also a very sad one:(

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Position vacant (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

All other awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: fusion for this click here A voice of sense :happy:

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Langeveldt for this click here , some very good debate on this thread, went a little skewed towards the end though :wacko:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: FRAZ click here Gotta love the Spice Girls:ph34r:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Matt79 can always be relied on for quality stuff

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Richard for this click here special mention to Turbinator for his effort

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Steulen for this click here Don’t call me potato

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: KiWiNiNjA contributing with some quality post to the WC threads

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Richard For is unflinching defence of ‘the removal of the minnows’. Is it only cricket that refers to the lesser teams as minnows? :unsure:

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
sirdj showing promise

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Richard V Too many to mention for this click here Richard seems to be winning this almost on a weekly basis

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: no award this week

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: Neil Pickup for this click here awhile ago but still worthy of an award :cool:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
You do a great job archie (and don't let anyone tell you any different) but wrong link to the Greigy there mate

Matt79

Global Moderator
Thanks for the Sobey! Congrats to all the winners - good week with some cricket to talk about! :)

pasag

RTDAS
Excellent week this week, all very well deserved except for the Inzi. Some should be candidates for the end of year awards tbh.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly unlucky to miss out on the Marsh/Lillee for this effort, one feels. Nonetheless, congrats to all the winners, some good stuff.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Firstly congrats to all the winners, few quality awards this time around too.

Now secondly i am extremely sorry for not putting out the milestones this week as other commitments had come through.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Given my run of Greigys, and the fact that I picked Ireland in 4 seperate threads - and then put a stack of money of them - and I'm really gutted not to get the Marsh/Lillee. I didn't do it an upsets thread where everyone knows they can look stupid and get away with it, either. :p

Anyway, congrats to all the winners (except Neil. :p) - it's been a good week of posting really so all the winners had a lot of competition. Well done.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
congrats to all winners. :)

As Archie said, a great week in one sense but a really really depressing one in another.

Haven't had the opportunity to post after all that happened over the weekend here yet. So gonna post here now, even if this is the wrong thread and forum.

Good to see Ireland and Bangladesh do well. Felt the format of the WC was okay right from the start and nice to get confirmation like this.

India and Pakistan need to get their act together big time. Feel India will never do too well when they put their best ODI batter as of now at no.6. Yuvi needs to bat at 4, period. And having 4 openers as your top four was never the best idea.

Pakistan team is going through an amazing lot right now and I really cant help but sympathize with them. Wish Godgives them the stregnth to go through all this.

Still punting on India making it to super 8, although it has become very difficult now.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Given my run of Greigys, and the fact that I picked Ireland in 4 seperate threads - and then put a stack of money of them - and I'm really gutted not to get the Marsh/Lillee. I didn't do it an upsets thread where everyone knows they can look stupid and get away with it, either. :p

Anyway, congrats to all the winners (except Neil. :p) - it's been a good week of posting really so all the winners had a lot of competition. Well done.
I'd have given it to you, mate. I might've called it five weeks ago, but you had the balls to put real money on it!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hahaha holy &hizzle ! Really me ?
That truly was :laugh::lol:, good God I'm glad it won an award otherwise I'd have missed it (long since got sick of that infernal thread) and it'd have been gone forever in my CW annals...

Best Skull of my time, for sure! If there was a ROTFLMAO icon I'd use it.

pup11

International Coach
Congratulations to all the winners, But got to say Turb has been robbed of his Griegy award there because i think thats what he(Turb) really really wants.

Steulen

International Regular
Haha..WTF?

What on earth was vague about putting a potato reference into a post cheering on the Irish?

Nevertheless, an award is an award so I'll gladly accept it :).