• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innings of the week 12-18th March

Innings of the week?

• Kallis 128* Vs Holland

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Boucher 75* Vs Holland

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Niall O' Brien 72 Vs Pakistan

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • Jeremy Bray 115* Vs Zimbabwe

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Ricky Ponting 113 Vs Scotland

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
You've been totally melodramatic about the whole thing tbh Richard. We all know it's terribly sad news of course but you've gone a bit overboard at times having read your posts today.
I agree with you completely. However, each to their own I guess.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You've been totally melodramatic about the whole thing tbh Richard. We all know it's terribly sad news of course but you've gone a bit overboard at times having read your posts today.
I agree with you completely. However, each to their own I guess.
Exactly. Different people react in different ways.

Please don't suggest everyone should feel the same way as you. I have certainly not been melodramatic - it may be obvious that I'm not be Bob Woolmer's son, for instance, but you have no clue whatsoever as to what circumstances may colour my reaction to the tragedy of his death.

Thanks to PF for sticking-up for me, might add. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Richard can feel whatever he likes and I personally admire him for caring so much about someone he has never met.

But some of his posts seem like he is suggesting that people are wrong for carrying on as normal, which is wrong in itself IMO. There's also the fact that he seems to mention it wherever possible, which really does make it hard to carry on as normal, as some people are trying very hard to do...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's certainly not my intention - here, for example, I was just pointing-out that to carry on playing a game of cricket while learning of such a thing in the middle is quite some achievement.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's certainly not my intention - here, for example, I was just pointing-out that to carry on playing a game of cricket while learning of such a thing in the middle is quite some achievement.
That's assuming everyone reacted the way you did, though. It's quite possible that the guys who scored big reacted in a similar way to Fiery.

Also, I wasn't actually referring to your posts in this thread when I said "his posts seem like he is suggesting that people are wrong for carrying on as normal" - I was more referring to your posts just after you heard the news, where you proclaimed in a few threads that had nothing to do with Woolmer that you were shocked people were managing to talk abot non-Woolmer matters...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's assuming everyone reacted the way you did, though. It's quite possible that the guys who scored big reacted in a similar way to Fiery.

Also, I wasn't actually referring to your posts in this thread when I said "his posts seem like he is suggesting that people are wrong for carrying on as normal" - I was more referring to your posts just after you heard the news, where you proclaimed in a few threads that had nothing to do with Woolmer that you were shocked people were managing to talk abot non-Woolmer matters...
That was principally referring to the nonsense Gavaskar-comments thread that was just going on and on and on.