Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pakistan Fans, please don't panic!

Pakistan Fans, please don't panic!

Jeez, when things go wrong... I'm really upset about Bob Woolmer, but if I could concerntrate on the team itself for this thread...

Firstly, it was evident at the post match presentation that Inzi was devestated at being thrown out of the cup in such dramatic fashion, and Pakistan (and possibly the world) has had no other player so devoted to his country and the sport. He has won a lot of matches for Pakistan, and has fought tooth and nail to protect the honour of the Pakistan cricket team.

Please don't turn against him, he deserves a lot of respect, and you surely cannot judge a career of over 300 ODIs and 100 tests over two games.... If he does retire, let him do it gracefully.

If Pakistan are desperate for a scape goat, blame Shoaib, he knew what he was doing when he took those drugs, make no mistake about that, and if he and Asif were playing in the WC, Pakistan would still be in contention,,, and that's the contrast- Inzi puts his country first, Shoaib puts himself first...
    One of 32 000 people to see "that" 438 match live in Johannesburg, 12th March 2006.

www.spaces.live.com/voltageinternational

msn: voltageinternational@hotmail.com

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Let's not blame anyone. It was the fault of no individual.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Pinball Champion!
    Yeah true, Inzamam is a gun, one of the greatest batsman of the decade.. If I had blame to place on their world cup debacle, it would be on Shoaib, Asif, and some of these manic fans who put unnecessary pressure on everyone involved in the setup
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    You and I know that, but do you think Pakistan will be as understanding!? Would you be after Lara's head if West Indies were beaten by Ireland!?

I thought losing the Ireland game was the fault of XI individuals. Has to be someones fault, the loss didnt come out of the ether
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I think Liam was talking about Woolmer dying rather than Pakistan losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    I thought losing the Ireland game was the fault of XI individuals. Has to be someones fault, the loss didnt come out of the ether
    Can't see how you're disagreeing with my post there. I said it's not the fault of an individual. As in it's not one man's fault. There are so many factors surrounding the failure that it's not fair to pinpoint one or two people. It's a team sport.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    I think Liam was talking about Woolmer dying rather than Pakistan losing.
    Why would he? The original posts asks the reader to concentrate on the team rather than the unfortunate death.

Why would he? The original posts asks the reader to concentrate on the team rather than the unfortunate death.
    Wasn't referring to Woolmer's death. Have explained myself better in the post above.

Can't see how you're disagreeing with my post there. I said it's not the fault of an individual. As in it's not one man's fault. There are so many factors surrounding the failure that it's not fair to pinpoint one or two people. It's a team sport.
    Its everyones fault that played. A team is made up of XI individuals and some are more important than others. The team isnt a singular entity.

Each individual is to blame rather than no individual

Its everyones fault that played. A team is made up of XI individuals and some are more important than others. The team isnt a singular entity.

Exactly!

But don't blame just one or two people. It's a collective effort and a collective failure. Blame the individuals, yes, but collectively. As in they all deserve some share of the blame.

Tbh, I thought it was a pretty obvious post.

i reckon heads will roll. probaly inzi will go. rana wont play again. danish wont play another odi. theyl replace akmal/ mahmood will go. even though rao played good hell probably go to make way for others
    ENGLAND CB SERIES CHAMPS FUTURE WORLD CUP CHAMPS(2011) AND IN 2009 THE ASHES HOLDERS

the official England 'patriotic cheerleader'

Proud supporter of the England national cricket, football and rugby teams and of TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUBS

Msn: jammay123@hotmail.co.uk

come on CW BLUE

The bowlers seemed to do a notably better job in the game than the batsmen tbh...

It's obviously too soon to be talking about directions for the future for Pakistan, when they still have a match left in this tourny and more significantly when the coaching/team management side has just been so tragically thrown into chaos. That said, it seems likely there will be some turnover, and I guess the focus will be on picking the right young talent, of which Pakistan seems to have plenty, to take the team forward.

I guess to echo the thoughts of the OP, things can't get much worse for the team at the moment but will surely have to start improving from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Breakout Champion!

Exactly!

But don't blame just one or two people. It's a collective effort and a collective failure. Blame the individuals, yes, but collectively. As in they all deserve some share of the blame.

Tbh, I thought it was a pretty obvious post.

Jeez. And you two are supposed to be some of the smart ones.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    They are.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information