• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Fans, please don't panic!

southafrica

Cricket Spectator
Jeez, when things go wrong... I'm really upset about Bob Woolmer, but if I could concerntrate on the team itself for this thread...

Firstly, it was evident at the post match presentation that Inzi was devestated at being thrown out of the cup in such dramatic fashion, and Pakistan (and possibly the world) has had no other player so devoted to his country and the sport. He has won a lot of matches for Pakistan, and has fought tooth and nail to protect the honour of the Pakistan cricket team.

Please don't turn against him, he deserves a lot of respect, and you surely cannot judge a career of over 300 ODIs and 100 tests over two games.... If he does retire, let him do it gracefully.

If Pakistan are desperate for a scape goat, blame Shoaib, he knew what he was doing when he took those drugs, make no mistake about that, and if he and Asif were playing in the WC, Pakistan would still be in contention,,, and that's the contrast- Inzi puts his country first, Shoaib puts himself first...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah true, Inzamam is a gun, one of the greatest batsman of the decade.. If I had blame to place on their world cup debacle, it would be on Shoaib, Asif, and some of these manic fans who put unnecessary pressure on everyone involved in the setup

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought losing the Ireland game was the fault of XI individuals. Has to be someones fault, the loss didnt come out of the ether
Can't see how you're disagreeing with my post there. I said it's not the fault of an individual. As in it's not one man's fault. There are so many factors surrounding the failure that it's not fair to pinpoint one or two people. It's a team sport.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Can't see how you're disagreeing with my post there. I said it's not the fault of an individual. As in it's not one man's fault. There are so many factors surrounding the failure that it's not fair to pinpoint one or two people. It's a team sport.
Its everyones fault that played. A team is made up of XI individuals and some are more important than others. The team isnt a singular entity.

Each individual is to blame rather than no individual

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its everyones fault that played. A team is made up of XI individuals and some are more important than others. The team isnt a singular entity.

Exactly!

But don't blame just one or two people. It's a collective effort and a collective failure. Blame the individuals, yes, but collectively. As in they all deserve some share of the blame.

Tbh, I thought it was a pretty obvious post.

jammay123

State 12th Man
i reckon heads will roll. probaly inzi will go. rana wont play again. danish wont play another odi. theyl replace akmal/ mahmood will go. even though rao played good hell probably go to make way for others

Matt79

Global Moderator
The bowlers seemed to do a notably better job in the game than the batsmen tbh...

It's obviously too soon to be talking about directions for the future for Pakistan, when they still have a match left in this tourny and more significantly when the coaching/team management side has just been so tragically thrown into chaos. That said, it seems likely there will be some turnover, and I guess the focus will be on picking the right young talent, of which Pakistan seems to have plenty, to take the team forward.

I guess to echo the thoughts of the OP, things can't get much worse for the team at the moment but will surely have to start improving from here.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Let's not blame anyone. It was the fault of no individual.
I thought losing the Ireland game was the fault of XI individuals. Has to be someones fault, the loss didnt come out of the ether

Exactly!

But don't blame just one or two people. It's a collective effort and a collective failure. Blame the individuals, yes, but collectively. As in they all deserve some share of the blame.

Tbh, I thought it was a pretty obvious post.

Jeez. And you two are supposed to be some of the smart ones. 8-) :p

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

In all honesty the way a team is torn up in India and Pakistan after some matches are lost is disgraceful. Yes this exit from the world cup is shameful, but no one can just blame a person or two. If someone has to be blamed, let it be the whole team. And why leave it out the selectors? Have they not been the ones ALWAYS pulling the strings?

The late Bob Woolmer (R.I.P.) and Inzamam-ul-Haque should be shown much more respect.
Inzi especially is a die-hard cricketer who has done a lot for cricket more than a lot others.

southafrica

Cricket Spectator
The late Bob Woolmer (R.I.P.) and Inzamam-ul-Haque should be shown much more respect.
Inzi especially is a die-hard cricketer who has done a lot for cricket more than a lot others.[/QUOTE]

Sums it all up doesn't it!?