• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Woolmer dies at 58

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Terrible. Hopefully just coincedence that it happened the day after the World Cup exit. A really good coach, RIP Bob Woolmer.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah just seen it confirmed on Supersport.. Tragic stuff, in my eyes he was the greatest coach of all time, not that it matters when we've just lost a guy who was so passionate about the game.. The brains behind my favourite cricket team, he deserved better than this..

Condolences to his family, RIP :( :(

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Couldn't believe it when I heard it. Had to listen again.

I hope it is all above board and that yesterdays result has nothing to do with it. Probably not, but it will not be long before the conspiracy theorists get hold of this.

Shocking really.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Couldn't believe it when I heard it. Had to listen again.

I hope it is all above board and that yesterdays result has nothing to do with it. Probably not, but it will not be long before the conspiracy theorists get hold of this.

Shocking really.
The current "rumour" - I'm not sure if it's been reported by a reputable agency or not, is that he had consumed poison.. I guess the only thing we can do is wait for answers as they come..

I hope we wear black armbands for our clash with Aus :( Woolmer was the best coach we'll ever have..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The current "rumour" - I'm not sure if it's been reported by a reputable agency or not, is that he had consumed poison.. I guess the only thing we can do is wait for answers as they come..

I hope we wear black armbands for our clash with Aus :( Woolmer was the best coach we'll ever have..
Im not saying it cant be true (as we have had test cricketers burn down buildings recently) but it would be amazing and suprising if suicide was the outcome. Id go so far to say that even if suicide was the conclusion then I would have serious doubts.

Who packs poison in their bags for a WC trip? :blink:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im not saying it cant be true (as we have had test cricketers burn down buildings recently) but it would be amazing and suprising if suicide was the outcome. Id go so far to say that even if suicide was the conclusion then I would have serious doubts.

Who packs poison in their bags for a WC trip? :blink:
Who says you need to pack it beforehand? Even if it was a heart attack, I think we can put two and two together and say that the timing of this was too much of a coincidence to be considered totally random..

I just wish whoever decides to replace him as coach of Pakistan the best of luck.. What a job

pasag

RTDAS
Still can't believe this, it's all happened so fast. I refuse to entertain speculation that it was anything sinister or self inflicted, so until there is any serious evidence to the contrary I'm going to assume it was natural causes.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I am really shocked and very saddened by this news, people have to remember that Cricket is only a game people should not really get stressed about it,

Woolmer was a great coach who led Warwickshire to 6 trophies in 3 years, and that brilliant side in 1994 which won 3 trophies of which Worcester stopped them from winning the grand slam. South Africa were a good side again under him, but Pakistan is a terrible job to have and sadly this killed him. Pakistan cricket board should take a long look at themselves.

R.I.P Woolmer