• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Woolmer dies at 58

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we're not allowed to talk about how he died here, where can we?
Conspiracy theories, no. Suicide theories, definitely not. Pay your respects, yes.

And where can you? MSN. Telephone. etc etc Communication is not limited to CW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
God, how must those who remember Ken Barrington be feeling? :( :down:

Truly terrible - and shame on those willing to speculate about anything, TBH.

RIP Bob Woolmer.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Cricket has lost a great ambassador and friend to the game and all who played, irrespective of who they were or what standard. RIP Bob, you will be sorely missed.

PY

International Coach
RIP Bob.

A true cricketing spirit and a HUGE loss to the sport on a global scale.

What a horrible week..:(

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Right there man, gets me right there.

Pretty powerful picture which sums up the magnitude of all this. Mushy is someone who Ive always seen as cheerful and mentally strong. To see him in that state is something that is hard to swallow, as is this whole stroy. Picture makes 1,000 words

FRAZ

International Captain
The best coach in the world ! A great administrator and a good bloke ! May God bless his soul !!

luffy

International Captain
Don't know what to say. When i first say the news i thought it was a bit sus, after Pakistan lost too Ireland. RIP

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
****. Have to feel for his family and friends...and for Pakistani cricket. Sad day.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Jesus - absolutely shattered - such a sad loss. Terrible mainly for his family, but also for all the friends and colleagues he met through his live in cricket and the lives he touched as a player and coach.

The Pakistani boys must be feeling awful - this last twelve months must surely be the most traumatic any team has endured...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely Saddened and devastated by the news. BOB Woolmer , RIP .

He will be sadly missed .

I can only reflect on the comments of A west Indian man as reported in the Cricinfo news item ...." He took it (the loss) ta heart man ... it only a game ...The cricket ball... its round... " Absolutely and profoundly philosophical....

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was absolutely shocked when I opened up Cricinfo this morning. Feel for his family and the team, who have gone through a lot, as Matt said.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meant to just quickly check my emails before going off and doing something else, but still sitting here in a state of shock about half an hour later.

Tragic news. :(

FRAZ

International Captain
The great loss !!!

I guess he was the only person working positively for the benefit of Pakistan cricket . Pakistan is a strange place for people with awful mentality and sarcastic importance seeking approach to the social behaviors . Bob was welcomed with warmth and open hearts,just because of his own pleasant and friendly personality and he merged himself so well in the dressing room that he was considered to be a Pakistani born and bred . He worked professionally with the team and he was always helpful to the youngsters . We can look at Pakistan's track record prior to his appointment and it was extremely bad and his work started showing it's worth right from the beginning . He tried his best to solve the basic problems of the Pakistani team and he was quite successful . For me some people who really didn't want any positive thing for the team were cause of the Pakistani team's recent failures. He will be sadly missed and for my liking he should be honored with Nishan-e-Pakistan at least and it should be given to his wife . How many coaches in the world have their own websites where they share the thoughts about the cricket ? He never seemed like his counter parts in the neighboring countries where coaches become annoyed by the media and they start finger banging and start showing their home bred upbringing by being an importance seeking clown in front of the media and they also try and finish the careers of senior members .
He was a gem of a coach and will be sadly missed .I myself being a true fan of my favorite team,am broken hearted . We need people like him who are the true ambassadors of the game and are born and bred in a good way and have pleasant personalities . I know that the regular posters in the Sunil blast thread might feel it's strange that how a common sub-continental cricket follower is so shocked at the death of a person who was not a sub-continental but here are the some basic differences of the basic domestic up-bringing which show up that a good human is always missed !!!!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
When I first heard he was still unconcious when he got to hospital, I thought it might end up like this. Very sad news.