• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My most liked number one team of the recent era !!!

My dear and cuddly number 1 !!!

• Total voters

FRAZ

International Captain
There are clearly two teams (70's &80's=WI ) and (90's & 00's=Australia)!!! who really dominated the test cricket ? Who is sitting in your mind as the most beloved number one ?

pup11

International Coach
The most liked no.1 team in the recent era? Err... FRAZ there has only been one no.1 team in the "recent era"[Australia] so there is no other team to choose from in the recent era.

luffy

International Captain
The most liked no.1 team in the recent era? Err... FRAZ there has only been one no.1 team in the "recent era"[Australia] so there is no other team to choose from in the recent era.
He means like the last 2 most dominant team's

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well if you take the recent era as being post-World War One, there've been several - and, most remarkably of all, England were for a very brief time one of them!

FRAZ

International Captain
Ok I wanted to shuift the momentum from the Suni Blast thread ..
Anyways I still believe that I was born in the recent era so thats why Winidies was a recent number one .
For me Windies were virtualy un-beatable and had the venom to dominate any thing at any time . And as far as Aussies are concerned then I guess other teams suck and Aussies don't suck that much ........

C_C

International Captain
Aussie votes for Aussies and WI votes for WI shouldn't count for obvious reasons.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Ok I wanted to shuift the momentum from the Suni Blast thread ..
Anyways I still believe that I was born in the recent era so thats why Winidies was a recent number one .
For me Windies were virtualy un-beatable and had the venom to dominate any thing at any time . And as far as Aussies are concerned then I guess other teams suck and Aussies don't suck that much ........
You do realise that in 20 years or so the great teams/players of today will be looked on with the same romanticism as we now look on the teams/players of the 70's and 80's