• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Saddest moment of my cricketing life" - Sachin

open365

International Vice-Captain
I'm on part 2 of the Sachin TV interview videos on youtube and they've just been talking about a world cup semi final against Sri Lanka (i think) that ended up with the Indian team in tears.

The interviewer mentioned it had been adandoned or something, but if so, how come India lost?

I'm confused.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The 96' one? Wasn't it because they got rid of both Sri Lankan openers in the first over, and virtually made it to the finals, but then a poor showing got them in a losing position near the end. Then the unhappy Indian fans began a riot, which led to the game being abandoned.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like the one, he mentioned getting 3 quick wickets which made me confused as to how they never got through.

Where Sri Lanka ahead of D/L or somethin when it was abandoned?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, watching that first over again, what an atmosphere, and to get 2 wickets in the first over in front of 100 000 cricket crazy fans... what a feeling it must've been.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sounds like the one, he mentioned getting 3 quick wickets which made me confused as to how they never got through.

Where Sri Lanka ahead of D/L or somethin when it was abandoned?
Don't think D\L had even been perfected yet, never mind being put into use in ODIs!!!!!!!

tamanna

Cricket Spectator
India has lost so many matches till date.......n u r sayin that they do this whenever they lose a match. So this wud make India the contry that witnesses the max number of riots......and what abt when the team plays outside, do inidans go there n riot as well 8-)

Update ur knowledge dude!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Love how 4 consecutive Indians respond to the same post saying the exact same thing. :laugh:

Though I agree Matt's post ain't the best... :blink:

dass

Banned
wow that was the semifinal i fell in love with jayasuriya, not with his batting ability but his amazing bowling, i still remember how he got ajay jadega the hero of the previous game against pakistan out a for a 11 ball duck, in that game jayasurya deleivered one of the best spin bowling i have ever seen, Ajay jadega was totally fooled by the spin. Didn;t you guys watch that game live? why not? because the 1996 world cup was brodcasted live on ESPN

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
wow that was the semifinal i fell in love with jayasuriya, not with his batting ability but his amazing bowling, i still remember how he got ajay jadega the hero of the previous game against pakistan out a for a 11 ball duck, in that game jayasurya deleivered one of the best spin bowling i have ever seen, Ajay jadega was totally fooled by the spin. Didn;t you guys watch that game live? why not? because the 1996 world cup was brodcasted live on ESPN
I was getting my diapers changed.

Nah just kidding, was fixing my tricycle. I think my dad was watching it, however.