Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The thread of international goodwill and fellowship

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    TBH, even though the SAfricans have never beaten the Aussies since their return (which, coincidentally, was near enough the exact same time the Aussies became the best Test side in The World - 1992), there have undoubtedly been times when the SAfricans were the better side.
    Might be true, but unfortunately for them they were never able to prove it on a big stage. (and this is as close to a put-down as I want to get on this thread). Hence my point about them being unfortunate in the timing of their peak...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Unfortunate in the timing of their series against Aus, and no more IMO.

Nothing to do with being unable to crack it on the big-stage.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

1999 and 2003 WCs, specifically.

ENOUGH, to summarise, I reckon South Africa are great - maybe this is the WC where they can put past disappointments behind them (though if they do, I have to have Graeme Smith as my av for two months!)

The 99 WC was just one moment of stupidity, the 2003 WC was after that time and they performed very poorly, and in any case THESE GAMES ARE ODIs!!!!!!!!! I was meaning Test-matches.

I suspected you did, but WCs are the one time when ODIs are treated as a serious issue. 99 was a moment of stupidity, that's WHY its unfortunate

WC ODIs are still totally incomparable to Tests, though.

India: - At times during the Australian Dominance, i would've rated India's batting lineup as 2nd to none. Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag & Laxman were a lethal combo. I've always admired their abilitly to withstand the pressure placed upon them by millions of fans, and that whilst the may not live up to expectations at times, they give it their all, and generally come out smiling no matter the outcome.

New Zealand: - The perannial underdog, and i find great delight in seeing our Trans Tasman rivals suceed against other nations, especially when they've been written off. Dan Vettori & Stephen Fleming are consumate professionals, and both are 2 players i'd love to have seen play for Australia instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    WC ODIs are still totally incomparable to Tests, though.

AGREED

Someone finally sees some sense in the middle of this abortion of a tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

AGREED

I also agree with Richard & a saying of yours at the bottom of your signature .

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

AGREED

ss gets more angry by the day...

I thought you said you did enjoy and would be watching the Cup just yesterday or the day before...?

Banned
    ss gets more angry by the day...

I thought you said you did enjoy and would be watching the Cup just yesterday or the day before...?
    silentstriker has said many times before that he enjoys & supports his team when they play ODIs but not as much as during tests.

That last post seemed to suggest he didn't give a flying **** about any ODI.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I watch ODI's because I'm an addict and there is nothing better on. But I don't give a flying **** if we win or not - I am focusing on the series with England in the summer much more than ODIs.

If we win the WC, will I be happy? Sure, I know the players want it and it would be nice if Sachin can win one but that's about it. I was much more excited when we won the series in WI and won a test in SA (much much more). I'd personally have a Test series win or draw in England any day of the week, and its not even close in terms of a comparison.

I believe you that you take test cricket much more seriously, but I reckon there's a part of you, hidden deep maybe, that secretly enjoys ODIs a great deal.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    I believe you that you take test cricket much more seriously, but I reckon there's a part of you, hidden deep maybe, that secretly enjoys ODIs a great deal.
    hahaha....we will see what SS's attitude is IF India do win the whole lot this World Cup
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information