• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lara to play test in to his forties

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I fully expect Lara to retire as soon as he's certain that his presence in the team does more harm than good. I don't expect that to happen for another year or so at least. I don't expect Lara to play into his 40s though.
You've changed your tune, not so long ago you were mocking me for looking forwards to his visit to my shores this summer :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was looking forward to seeing Lara over here this summer but with his retirement from the one day game I won’t be able to see him play in this country for the last time (other than on the box of course). I was hoping to get tickets for the Lords test but it conflicts with something else.

Suppose I will just have to go and watch Sachin and Dravid for the last time on these shores instead, should be a great atmosphere at the Oval. :cool:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You've changed your tune, not so long ago you were mocking me for looking forwards to his visit to my shores this summer :p
I haven't changed my tune. I'm just facing facts. Slight difference. And the fact is that Lara will continue for at least the immediate future. I didn't expect him to carry on after the World Cup. He's failed to meet my expectations. :p

And it wasn't 'mocking' really.

Good news really,I'd love to my favourite batsman playing as long as he feels comfortable & enjoys his stuff.Good news for codies also as they would now be able to cash his name for two next releases of Brian Lara International Cricket series atleast.