• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for start of March

pasag

RTDAS
Thanks for the award and well done to honestbharani, well deserved Bradman (first in a while iirc)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wondered who the first person to suggest that would be... disappointed it wasn't the person it was directed at, TBH... mind, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, given it was ye who spotted my "When" on SD that time...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thanks for the award and well done to honestbharani, well deserved Bradman (first in a while iirc)
TBH, I'd not have it any other way (not down to me, obviously). The Bradman is a special award and IMO it holds greater significance if it's only given once in a while. Kinda makes it "just an award" if you get one handed-out most weeks. hbh has certainly been atop-the-pile this week in a way few have been of late (especially given how quiet it was in the week in question).

pasag

RTDAS
TBH, I'd not have it any other way (not down to me, obviously). The Bradman is a special award and IMO it holds greater significance if it's only given once in a while. Kinda makes it "just an award" if you get one handed-out most weeks. hbh has certainly been atop-the-pile this week in a way few have been of late (especially given how quiet it was in the week in question).
Totally agree.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm glad that's the way you're approaching it - the name kind of makes it something that should be earned.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thanks guys. But if my posting has been good, it is only because the others have responded with equally, if not better, posts to mine and it sorta carries on. I think a no. of guys in that "sunil blasts the Aussies" thread could make a claim to a lot of awards. :)

adharcric

International Coach
I haven't had this much trouble selecting a single Afridi out of several deserving options in a long time. The superb faceoff between HB and Burgey on Saturday night really deserves special mention. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Terrible decision to give the Saj to Neil rather than Burgey (no offence Neil)- but well done to all the winners. Saggers maybe deserved the Warne for the Sunil thread, although I suppose somebody was always going to start a thread on that...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Terrible decision to give the Saj to Neil rather than Burgey (no offence Neil)- but well done to all the winners.
Yeah, it's the kind of thing you do when you're struggling for a winner, which is a bit strange, given I expect a fair few of the awards committee would have read that thread. Oh well, you can't catch everything.

Haven't seen much of Venter, so he/she could be excellent, but I'd have had rodzilla down for best newcomer, unless he won last week and I missed it. Great new addition, IMO.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Well, I read this thread to see what I've missed and I gain a quick fast-track on what's happened. I never expected to be mentioned for anything. I'm humbled. Thanks CW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm glad that's the way you're approaching it - the name kind of makes it something that should be earned.
I'm approaching it?

I don't decide the Bradman, remember? I'm the Sir Garfield and the Sir Geoffrey.

Though I presume if I give someone one of said awards that means they're then ineligable for the Bradman...

adharcric

International Coach
Terrible decision to give the Saj to Neil rather than Burgey (no offence Neil)- but well done to all the winners. Saggers maybe deserved the Warne for the Sunil thread, although I suppose somebody was always going to start a thread on that...
I'm pretty sure I nominated Burgey's post for the Saj after I went with HB for the Afridi.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm approaching it?

I don't decide the Bradman, remember? I'm the Sir Garfield and the Sir Geoffrey.

Though I presume if I give someone one of said awards that means they're then ineligable for the Bradman...
Why did I think you gave the Bradman?

Maybe it would make sense though?!