• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PCB bans English !!!

Craig

World Traveller
So what happens if a player slipped an English word in a interview?

Money goes into a swear jar?

Matt79

Global Moderator
God the Australians are the worst.. At the end of the day, the boys are pretty confidant about being able to rant confidently.. But we'll just have to see how things go, the lads are pretty fired up..

I didn't like the way Inzamam and Younis Khan were forced to speak English in SA.. Their English isn't that strong and its not really fair on them that they have to give a post match conference to the world in a language that clearly doesnt come naturally to them..
??

You do realise I was taking the micky out of the Aussies, not mocking the Pakistanis, right?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm on the fence with this one - it makes sense to be able to speak clearly and concisely in your own language to avoid confusion but, at the same time, how can journalists be confident that the translation is exactly what the player has said, rather than a watered-down, sanitised version provided by the interpreter?

biased indian

International Coach
I'm on the fence with this one - it makes sense to be able to speak clearly and concisely in your own language to avoid confusion but, at the same time, how can journalists be confident that the translation is exactly what the player has said, rather than a watered-down, sanitised version provided by the interpreter?
In indian media it was reported that the person who was giving translation was even worse :)

FRAZ

International Captain
Believe it or not, it's also part of a Pakistani tourism initiative
For God sake atleast stay away from here man . No body is asking you to tour or whatever ! Please man avoid the nationality disses ....... Please ... You are English , you speak English , You eat English but there are some people who were born in areas where English is not even the second language they speak . Please man !!!

FRAZ

International Captain
So what happens if a player slipped an English word in a interview?

Money goes into a swear jar?
Actualy this was more to do with Kaneria cuz when asked about the fire in the hotel , he replied "it happens" . The thing is that people with low understanding of English think in their brain in urdu and then try to translate the whole paragraph they thought in their brain . So .............

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
ICC should **** themselves. Who cares if the journalist doesn't know Urdu, ICC should make arrangements for that. It is clear that Inzi cant speak English, why the hell force him to muder the English Language.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
EXD wanting to believe to himself that as many people as possible are making it awkward for those nasty cheating Pakistanis, is the problem. 8-)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For God sake atleast stay away from here man . No body is asking you to tour or whatever ! Please man avoid the nationality disses ....... Please ... You are English , you speak English , You eat English but there are some people who were born in areas where English is not even the second language they speak . Please man !!!
Pervez Mir, a former Pakistan international and the team's press liaison officer during the World Cup, confirmed that players would only speak in Urdu, an attempt to also promote tourism in Pakistan.

"This decision was taken by the Pakistan Cricket Board because it is our national language and because 2007 is our National Tourist Year so we are promoting Pakistan as well," Mir was quoted as saying by Reuters. "This is the perfect platform to promote and expose our national language, so there's nothing more to it."

BTW, I've already been to Pakistan a few times

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ICC should **** themselves. Who cares if the journalist doesn't know Urdu, ICC should make arrangements for that. It is clear that Inzi cant speak English, why the hell force him to muder the English Language.
Having seen Inzy interviewed, I think he is highly competent in the English language

Personally, I couldnt care what language they speak in but this article provides some perspective:

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/pakspin/archives/2007/03/bakwas_is_bakwas_in_urdu_or_en.php

FRAZ

International Captain
Having seen Inzy interviewed, I think he is highly competent in the English language
Holy **** holy holy holy **** **** ***** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I*** competent ? Who am I then ? Thomas Hobbes ???

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Good that you said that you have seen him and I can only assume that you have not heard him. Because anyone who has heard Inzy speak in English, can't use the word 'Highly Competent' for his command over the English language.