• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup Final 2006/07

predict the result

• tasmania outright

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • NSW outright

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • draw, Tasmania Champions

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

jemo27

Cricket Spectator
who do want to win, Tasmania for me

by the way it is out of NSW are playing Tasmania in Hobart starts next Monday 19 march

Alysum

U19 Debutant
Even if I'm a NSW, I want Tassie to win; they thoroughly deserve to win. An exciting young team with a wonderful swing bowler in Hillfenhaus.

Also Tasmania has never won the comp and it would be a fantastic fhing for this little beautiful state :)

pup11

International Coach
NSW bowling attack is hardly looking penetrative atm, if they have to win the finals then MacGill will have to do well and but currently he looks out of sorts, On the other hand Tassies have their batting and bowling both in form and i back them to win the finals.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
As an outsider, I hope Tasmania will win as they've never won it...and its the best chance they'll have with home advantage. I'll be interested to know - there was a lot of excitement in Queensland when they first won the Shield (as it was) and it even got publicity in britain -is there much ecitement in Tasmania?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
NSW have bowled really well so far. There's not much in the pitch, and everyone has been right on the money. Nicholson was really good before lunch in particular, and Bollinger's been the most accurate I've ever seen him and deserves his three wickets. Tasmania have batted pretty poorly, but there's not been much to work with at all. If NSW get one more quickly they should bowl Tasmania out for under 200, and that'll definitely be a winning position.

Birt looked a million dollars while he was out there, but got out just before lunch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How awesome was the Tas fight back? Was great! Pura Cup final is going to be quite a contest this year.

archie mac

International Coach
How awesome was the Tas fight back? Was great! Pura Cup final is going to be quite a contest this year.

Much more exciting then the OD fair they have been serving up this year, maybe they will show some more SS matches next season

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well I reckon for a lot of the year, at least the start, the Ford Ranger Cup had some ripping matches. A lot went to the last over, and often the last ball. Weren't as many great matches near the end of the season, but I enjoyed the Ford Ranger Cup, and I don't think its too feasible to have too many Pura Cup games on during next season. In all honesty, it won't rate well enough IMO, but I could be wrong.