• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Bowling Team among the test playing nations

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Pakistan and Australia should be right there on top.

Pakistan it is just bits and pieces and Mcgrath the "bowling team" for Australia.

They have to chase in almost every match to make it a contest.

pup11

International Coach
It would be interesting to see how the aussies cope up with life without Warney and Pidge, I think the aussies should consider Gillespie atleast as test match option because without Warney and Pidge aussie bowling attack seriously lacks experience at the test level.

England certainly are a better bowling attack than Pakistan in test match cricket.

FRAZ

International Captain
For me
1. Australian attack
2. South African attack
& Pakistani attack with Shoaib and Asif

The_Bunny

State Regular

Pakistan it is just bits and pieces and Mcgrath the "bowling team" for Australia.

I suppose you have never heard of some called Andrew Symonds Stuart Clark or Nathan Bracken,
With backup from Michael clarke and Shaun Tait has a good first class record although yet to transfer that to Odi's
Weakened.... yes. Bad...... not in your life8-)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Bangladesh's attack is probably the worst of the test playing nations at the moment:)

Australia must be weakened by Warne & McGrath going, but we don't know to what extent yet, so you cannot yet rate their current crop, tbh.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
I suppose you have never heard of some called Andrew Symonds Stuart Clark or Nathan Bracken,
With backup from Michael clarke and Shaun Tait has a good first class record although yet to transfer that to Odi's
I definitely have heard Stuart Clark being denied the luxury of beating Mick Lewis, having his spell curtailed at 7 0 87 0 against WI in Malaysia. :laugh:
He is a very good test bowler though.

Apart from Bracken, no one else has a decent record it ODIs. You can never call bits-and-pieces as strength.

Tait and Watson, guys like these have never translated their first-class achievements into anything of worth at the international level. Though it is early days for Tait.

FRAZ

International Captain

I think we are going back to the 2004 times of patriotic attacks on CW .
Well man ! you are wrong and thats it !!!

mahartaab

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
dude!
what r u tryin prove here. this thing has been and being discussed in lot of other threads
every body know pak n aussies r injury struck

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
I think we are going back to the 2004 times of patriotic attacks on CW .
Well man ! you are wrong and thats it !!!
What do you mean? With all respect to Australia's batting order ( i rate even Brad Hodge very highly), i am just saying the current australian attack is one of the weakest if not the no.1 weakest attack. They dont have a single spinner who is in form. Brad Hogg used to be a good one, but not given enough opportunites in the recent series and struggling for form. Lee and Gillespie are there. Just by potential (Tait), you cannot say the attack is not weak. What do you read from NZs chases, if you feel otherwise?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Anytime Symonds is the first player quoted to show how a strong an attack is then it isnt favourable.

The above attack looks very poor on paper, but it is probably due to inexperience and being unproven than lack of ability (Symonds and Bracken excepted).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we're talking about Tests, Bangladesh of course and to be honest NZ has a pretty shocking one when Bond's not fit. This is clearly shown by our reliance on Chris Martin, who is a reasonable bowler but certainly not of a high enough standard to lead a Test attack.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The worst has to be the bowling attack NZ had fielded in a five-match series in which the Australians won all five matches. The attack in the last two was the worst they've had in the last few years.

The current Indian one-day bowling attack is terrible, but the Indians are always hampered by the wrong choice of combination.

andmark

International Captain
South Africa,they have seven batsmen and even then.Pollock who bats at eight in the order is a allrounder.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Thinking about, everyone has a **** bowling attack. except South Africa. It could literally be one injury for one of the test teams, and they have shot it. Don't quite know how to phrase it, but teams at the world cup this year have to be one big unit, otehrwise they can forget it and go home.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
South Africa,they have seven batsmen and even then.Pollock who bats at eight in the order is a allrounder.
One of those seven batsmen is Jacques Kallis, who is a proper allrounder and an asset to any bowling attack. Smith and Kemp can also deliver a couple of overs. And while Pollock is an allrounder (I always thought that was a good thing?), he also is the number 1 ODI bowler in the world at the moment.

I think our attack is decent, just missing the quality spinner, of course.

Pakistan's attack the worst on paper, but with them you never know what might happen.