• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqar Younis up on 400 !...Tribute thread

Choora

State Regular
Originally posted by marc71178
(16 matches in WC , provided Pak gets to super 6)
Even if they win it, there's only 11 games.
Well both of us were wrong, there will be 6 games in pool , and 5 more in super six which makes it 11!! If Pak reaches the final then it will play 2 more games that makes it 13!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No Choora, you are wrong and Marc is right.

6 Group Games
3 Super Six Games (you carry forward the results against your fellow qualifiers)
Semi Final
Final

Eleven.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by anilramavarma
Originally posted by Rik
Originally posted by CricketGuru
Are we going to start a tribute thread for the next English bowler to take 5 wickets in a Series?

Or perhaps for the next Englishman to not get injured in a game?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
:D yep thats the best we can do for an english bowler marc :lol:
Or an Indian bowler...:lol:
Great comeback!
except that cricketguru is not an Indian...
It's still a comeback!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Choora
(16 matches in WC , provided Pak gets to super 6)
Even if they win it, there's only 11 games.
Well both of us were wrong, there will be 6 games in pool , and 5 more in super six which makes it 11!! If Pak reaches the final then it will play 2 more games that makes it 13!
Nope, there's 3 in the Super 6, you don't play the 2 you've already played in Group stages - so it is 11. Having copied out the schedule, I do know that!

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by anilramavarma
Originally posted by Rik
Are we going to start a tribute thread for the next English bowler to take 5 wickets in a Series?

Or perhaps for the next Englishman to not get injured in a game?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
:D yep thats the best we can do for an english bowler marc :lol:
Or an Indian bowler...:lol:
Great comeback!
except that cricketguru is not an Indian...
It's still a comeback!
Come back to where, i agree with Rik totally :P

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trust me, I've seen much, much worse on other forums and it's buggered up the databases (given that this PHP database would be more robust than an Access-based one).

So it ends now.

To all concerned: If I see any more of the nested quotes and this thread is history, baddabing baddaboom. Capice?

There is simply no need to quote an entire conversation. Please just quote the posts you're referring to only, okay?

Boomshanka. :)

Bazza

International 12th Man
I would have thought a general rule is there is no need to quote somebody if theirs is the previous post. If you are replying to a post several posts up, then quote, but only what they said and what is relevant. It's not that hard to quickly delete irrelevant material, and it keeps everything much tidier, and more importantly easier to read! 8D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Agreed, the laughing at a player for not getting to 400 in the last match is hardly a tribute!

That said, we do have too many tributes going on IMO.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
That said, we do have too many tributes going on IMO
What can one do ? After all tributes ae meant to be presented at special moments :(
Maybe too many tributes too often have diluted the taste of people around here.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Go_India
waqar couldn't get a wicket in his last match,he could have 400 wickets by now.
He really sucks :lol:
Look who is talking :lol:

Man its not a must that the greatest bowlers in world take wickets in every match, well if Waqar sucks then i wonder what u have to say about the bowlers from ur country's team :lol:

Bradman wasn't able to score a single run in his last inning, going by that he must be an awful batsman.

:rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Look who is talking :lol:

Man its not a must that the greatest bowlers in world take wickets in every match, well if Waqar sucks then i wonder what u have to say about the bowlers from ur country's team :lol:
He's been trying to cause trouble, don't rise to it. You know what I'm talking about...

Originally posted by royGilchrist
does Go_India = Great_India?

Please dont reveal the IP address this time, Neil

Certainly not, and why is there any such suspicion?? If i had to make if i say something nasty about my neighbouring country, then what will i gain by changing my user ID to Go-India

Think!!