• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI innings in a losing cause

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
i seem to remember a few years ago michael bevan scored bout 190odd in a world xi game where his team lost. good game that was bout 2000 i think it was when it happened

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Haha is that a subltle attack at my intelligence :p

Yeah I am doing a double of Law & Commerce, hence why I do some similar subjects to Jack. We go to the same uni.

Tbh I'd like to challenge him to a bit of a hit at the uni cricket nets one day. I'm sure he'd hit the top of my off stump quite often, but it'd be good fun.

You must have a got a very high ENTER :) Comm/Law has a high cutoff doesn't it ?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There ar some great knocks here, but Robin Smith's one stands out for me because, even though England batted first, it looked like he knew, the Aussies knew, and everyone watching knew that England would get beaten anyway - it was surreal.

Jono - how far into your degree are you?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
tbf The Clyde >>>> South Lawn or Law Building...
Nah, PA's is the go. Know a barman there, tend to get cheap drinks when he's working.

Anyways, you only tend to get residence birds at the Clyde. Much better "scenery" on South Lawn. Although have had some very enjoyable nights at the Clyde.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gelman: what kind of uni doesn't have a set of nets? Most high schools have a set ffs.
Exactly. And Gelman, if there's a "Melbourne University Cricket Club", chances are that they'll have a set of nets.

Also, considering there's a "Hawthorn-Monash University Cricket Club", I'd hazard a guess that there'd be some nets nearby.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono - how far into your degree are you?
Just started my third year mate. Five year degree.

And Jack, I'm at PAs quite often actually, you'll generally see me playing on one of the pool tables at the side with a few mates during my lunch break.