• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI innings in a losing cause

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good call. Incredible innings.
These two were of a similar nature. Not as good a bowling attack obviously.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/IND_IN_PAK/SCORECARDS/IND_PAK_ODI2_16MAR2004.html
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/dlfcup/engine/match/256607.html

Funnily enough, that 143 by Sachin in Sharjah was still a 'winning' knock in a way, as it did enough for India to make the final against Australia, and then allowed him to strut his stuff again as we all know.

Fiery

Banned
These two were of a similar nature. Not as good a bowling attack obviously.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/IND_IN_PAK/SCORECARDS/IND_PAK_ODI2_16MAR2004.html
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/dlfcup/engine/match/256607.html

Funnily enough, that 143 by Sachin in Sharjah was still a 'winning' knock in a way, as it did enough for India to make the final against Australia, and then allowed him to strut his stuff again as we all know.
Hey Jono, I bet you've been on cloud 9 the last few days, having been newly crowned?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah fair call, I haven't had a good "South Lawn" sitdown for a couple of semesters. Miss it.

Law Building is very isolated, as is University Square, the lawn in front of the Law Building.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono = law student? :blink:
Haha is that a subltle attack at my intelligence :p

Yeah I am doing a double of Law & Commerce, hence why I do some similar subjects to Jack. We go to the same uni.

Tbh I'd like to challenge him to a bit of a hit at the uni cricket nets one day. I'm sure he'd hit the top of my off stump quite often, but it'd be good fun.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
God nah, I guess the :blink: smiley was the best of a bad bunch for expressing what I wanted to. The old :wow: one would have been perfect, shame it's not around any more. :surprise: or something would be even worse.

Nah, I'm just surprised you're doing such a high-level degree and I hadn't read such a thing before.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Law Building is very isolated
I wonder if that's the case at every university, at my uni I have to go down a considerably large and steep hill to get to the Law building.

Do they think Law students have trouble with body odour or something?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I wonder if that's the case at every university, at my uni I have to go down a considerably large and steep hill to get to the Law building.

Do they think Law students have trouble with body odour or something?
Common knowledge, TBH.

Definitely would be up for a hit, Jono. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to bomb me, TBH.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
David Houghton for Zimbabwe (then not a Test country) v NZ in the 1987 WC. He kept wicket, batted at No 3, came in at 8-1 chasing 243, saw his team collapse to 104-7 and then, with help from Butchart, he scored 142 and took the game to the last over. Zim still lost by 3 runs but what a heroic failure - the prototype for several Andy Flower innings in years to come.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha is that a subltle attack at my intelligence :p

Yeah I am doing a double of Law & Commerce, hence why I do some similar subjects to Jack. We go to the same uni.

Tbh I'd like to challenge him to a bit of a hit at the uni cricket nets one day. I'm sure he'd hit the top of my off stump quite often, but it'd be good fun.
Melbourne Uni has nets? Pretty jealous right about now.