• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand vs India Tests & ODIs

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
For people who didnt know the Indian O.D squad will be named in mid December meaning the chances of players like pathan , rayudu are still there , and ppl like agarkar going home is a possibility , however agarkar is a no one in tests now if he gives away 70 runs in 10 overs in 20 overs or more?

V Reddy

International Debutant
Hi Warrior . But i still think he won't play a match. But he has a lot of luck on his side as he didn't perform that well for Kerala in the match he played for them . By the way thanks for referring me as a pundit 8D

Eclipse

International Debutant
Originally posted by Top_Cat
Your obsession with players HAVING to score quickly in Test Matches is fast becoming as bad as Chris' with England playing a leg-spinner - and, like Chris, you haven't properly explained why!

Why do you think Australia have managed to win so many tests in succsesion. A great deal of it has to come down to batsman like Ponting,Gilchrist,Hayden allways scoring quickly and playing match winning innings.

This is one reason I hate Kallis if only he would be more agressive because I actualy think it would improve his avrage and his match winning ability.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Maybe people growing up in this ODI age don't realise unless the weather interferes you have plenty of time to do as you choose in test matches, and often even if it does....;)

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Hi Warrior . But i still think he won't play a match. But he has a lot of luck on his side as he didn't perform that well for Kerala in the match he played for them . By the way thanks for referring me as a pundit 8D
Well thats upto the management, though its more than likly that he won't get a chance in a two match series, especailly since Ganguly feels insecure when Ajit isn't in the team:lol:, i don't think anyone can replace Ajit right now!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Yes but batting for an entire day scoring 60 runs does nothing to help win matches! Anyway...need I bring up your obsession with the "Perfect All-Rounder"? :lol:
Touché but no-one who bats all day only scores 60 runs!
Since I saw Rahul Dravid score 7 runs off 63 balls in a Test last winter against England...and Das and Dasgupta bat for about 30 mins on the penultimate day then the entire last day nearly for about...60 runs each :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by warrioryohannan
Its good to see Tinu back in the team(some pundits were sure that he won't get a place in the squad for series against NZ)
I don't see what Yohannan has done lately to replace Srinath. Yohannan has not produced any noteworthy performances and yet he's picked over Srinath...pure madness! And I thought they would have learned about Ajit...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Its good to see in the last 4 days, NZ players scoring some good runs. It look as though they have a new attitude about them & they are working hard in their build-up for the Indian Series

Jacob Oram - 96 & 52* - 2/22, 1/24
Matthew Sinclair - 79
Brendon McCullum - 78*
Glen Sulzberger - 62*

So Im sure the selectors will be happy with those performances & will now await the 2nd round of the Championship to start this Friday & I guess also Jeff Wilson who has been outstanding in club competition.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tamara,

I think instead of Tuffey who is slow & crap..the selectors should be looking at Brent Hefford, yes he does bowl a maximum of 130 k's but his placement is incredibly good & similar to that of the control of Glen McGrath.

I noticed in the C.D/Otago match his figures were 19 overs 2/24 & 13 overs 1/15 which is very good. Plus he has a One Day bowling average of 3.89 which is very good for an opening bowler.

[Edited on 26/11/2002 by Tim]

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
Its good to see Tinu back in the team(some pundits were sure that he won't get a place in the squad for series against NZ)
I don't see what Yohannan has done lately to replace Srinath. Yohannan has not produced any noteworthy performances and yet he's picked over Srinath...pure madness! And I thought they would have learned about Ajit...
Thats not madness, Srinath is not even a shadow of a bowler he was once .But more importantly, Nath never wanted to play test cricket, he had retired and was forced to make a come back, it was a bad bad idea coz when someone doesn't have the desire to play , then he's always going to perform poorly.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats not madness, Srinath is not even a shadow of a bowler he was once .But more importantly, Nath never wanted to play test cricket, he had retired and was forced to make a come back, it was a bad bad idea coz when someone doesn't have the desire to play , then he's always going to perform poorly.
It is madness because he has done nothing of late to show he deserves his place. Even Balaji deserves a call up more than Yohannan!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
It is madness because he has done nothing of late to show he deserves his place. Even Balaji deserves a call up more than Yohannan!
If we go by that then the guy who deserves the call is none other than Agarkar because he was the one who registered impressive spell in a domestic match!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
If we go by that then the guy who deserves the call is none other than Agarkar because he was the one who registered impressive spell in a domestic match!
Yes but Agarkar has proven enough times he is not Test Standard. Anyway I just can't see why Yohannan has been picked, there are no impressive performances...no 5 wicket hauls...nothing.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Rik
Agarkar is already going, isn't he? If Srinath doesn't want to go, no point in forcing him. As for Balaji/Yohannan, both are likely to suck, it doesn't make that much of a difference.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
Yes but Agarkar has proven enough times he is not Test Standard. Anyway I just can't see why Yohannan has been picked, there are no impressive performances...no 5 wicket hauls...nothing.
And Tinu haven't been given enough chances to prove himself( just 2 Test matches)

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by anilramavarma

Agarkar is already going, isn't he? If Srinath doesn't want to go, no point in forcing him. As for Balaji/Yohannan, both are likely to suck, it doesn't make that much of a difference.
Both are likely to be just a tourist, as they won't get a chance in a two match series, nor is Ratra going to keep the wkts.Funny, isn't it? 2 wicket keepers for 2 test matches:lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
And Tinu haven't been given enough chances to prove himself( just 2 Test matches)
Yup but the point is it doesn't matter how many chances they have but if they are actually good enough. Also I wasn't talking about his number of chances, I was saying he had not done anything to grab the attention of the selectors so I was wondering why he was brought back in. Anyway I'm off

[Edited on 26/11/2002 by Rik]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rik - Dravid/Dasgupta were saving the game and Ashley Giles was bowling incredibly negatively.

It does seem strange to pick two keepers for two tests when Dravid can fill in if necessary. And Ajit.... is Ajit.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I notice how, although he didn't want to represent his country, he was happy to play for Leicestershire last summer.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As per usual, the conversation ends up at AA!