• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers with dodgy stance

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never went on a tour to Zimbabwe, and if chosen I would've went.

The issue for me with the Zimbabwe tours is that teams heading there are seen to be "approving" the situation by not boycotting. What the boycott achieves is highlighting the wrongs that are going on in the country. Unless the whole team decided not to go, which would be very unlikely as few would be really aware of what's going on and I'd doubt many would care (at least beforehand, their views may well change while in the country), there'd be nothing achieved out of one player boycotting as it wouldn't be highlighting to anyone the depth of the problem there, while I'm also of the opinion that denying their youth sides cricket is detrimental to the game in Africa.

Those most disappointed about a boycott would be the U/19 players themselves, I'd doubt the "heirarchy" would care sufficiently to make the boycott worthwhile.
I agree 100%, especially with the bit about one player making no impact.

pup11

International Coach
I believe that not only teams should boycott tour to ZIM but ICC should also take some stern steps against ZCU since all the money thats being given to the ZCU is not being used for the development of the game but is being pocketed by the ZCU officials.

So many top ZIM players have left the country due to its political problems, so why do other cricket boards want their teams to go into a country where humanity is being humiliated everyday.

pup11

International Coach
I think the ICC can't see children being orphaned,woman being raped,houses being burned, people suffering with hunger and poverty(due to their governments policies) in a country like ZIM because they have Dollars glued in front of their eyes.