• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Secret of Glenn McGrath's Success

Victor Ian

International Coach
yeah but Warne & Co kept stealing McGrath wickets just after he had set them up for a fall. How many times did a wicket fall between consecutive McGrath overs?

Blocky

Banned
yeah but Warne & Co kept stealing McGrath wickets just after he had set them up for a fall. How many times did a wicket fall between consecutive McGrath overs?
That's the trade off, do you consider it a benefit or a deficit when you have two bowlers capable of ripping sides apart and generating constant break through's. I'd say it definitely gave both of them better averages and strike rates than it would have otherwise.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Eh?? Jimmy has always had good/very good bowlers around him......Flintoff, Harmisson, Hoggard etc
Hoggard is worse than Morkel and Philander. I think Pollock played alongside Steyn? (can't be bothered to fact check this, hopefully you remember)

Harmison was a fat ****e for the latter half of his career and Jimmy played with Flintoff passed his best but yeah, he was still very good at times.