• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is wrong with these people?

cover drive man

International Captain
People saying is this the end of aussie cricket oh my god they lose a couple of matches and all of a sudden it's the end.:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

open365

International Vice-Captain
A couple of matches?

It's their worse ODI run since ten years ago, they're no longer number one ODI team in the world.

Just a blip? Or coincidence that they're main players are retiring/getting old?

Face it, this period in Australia's cricket history was always going to happen, this is the start of it.

pup11

International Coach
Take six first choice players from any team in world cricket and you would realize that they would perform much more badly then the aussies did.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd say as bad, myself...

Let's just wait, though, shall we, until such losses are permanent before we start trumpeting Australia's downward curve. Look how foolish so many looked in 2003\04.

pup11

International Coach
Its almost become a ritual to bash the aussies as soon they lose a few games, give them a break they are also human beings they can also makes mistakes, can get tired after such a long season.

You guys can judge them once the World Cup is over.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Its almost become a ritual to bash the aussies as soon they lose a few games, give them a break they are also human beings they can also makes mistakes, can get tired after such a long season.

that wud be better...ill laugh if they win it though!....actually...wait...i probably won't! :blink:

dileep.vaka

Cricket Spectator

It's for sure that Australia is not at it's best....where as South African team is playing very well

Slow Love™

International Captain
If you keep predicting that Australia's demise is upon us, you've got to be right sometime.

FTR, it would probably make test cricket in particular a whole lot more interesting if it were true, but this ODI freefall over the last five, six games is just so sudden and comes after being so typically dominant, that I don't see it as that much aside from evidence that the gap between the teams in the ODI format isn't that great, once you take a few automatic selections out of a side. There's a definite weakness to defending large totals that has been discussed widely on here, but that's clearly been a concern for around 18 months now.

It's certainly added some flavor for the World Cup though - I'm now doubly invested in Australia winning it just so we can all say "Ha!" to the doubters. Then Australia can decline away after a year or so, I'm happy.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Look at it this way, we all know that Australia's period of dominance is(was?) going to end sometime, and this seems to be THAT, not just because they're loosing, but because of the retirments of four key players and the immenint retirements of a few others as well.

Natman20

International Debutant
Its what happens all the time just because people show their fustrations from losing a few matches. The NZ team was in the same boat before the commonwealth bank series but no all of a sudden wow we have a chance and we are great etc. etc. Its just exaggerated hype when really Australia are probably going to come through and win this World Cup.

pup11

International Coach
Aahh.... Its not like that only Aussie players are getting old, experienced players all over the world are also getting older with them and nearing retirement.

So basically its upto the strength of the next generation of almost every side to makes sure whether they go up or slide down.