• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashraf puts Malcom back in his place

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
I am not a big fan of PCB or Nasim Ashraf, but today he did something i completely agree with. Malcom Speed is the head of ICC and he is suppose to make sure that conterversies are handled in the most professional way causing as little fuss as possible.

But he was waving his stick about the Akhtar and Asif issue, Ashraf did a couragous thing by reminding him and a few of his fellow countrymen that there is a code of ethics and as the top dog of the cricket council he should show some more brains. Its not nice to run to the press every time you have a personal opinion.

FRAZ

International Captain
TBH They are un-fit !!
Even any Social person can asses that !!!
I hate news papers and media and negative threading !!!
Believe what there is as it is !!!

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
TBH They are un-fit !!
Even any Social person can asses that !!!
I hate news papers and media and negative threading !!!
Believe what there is as it is !!!
Thier fitness or fitness is not the point. The point is that should the chairman of the ICC should go around babling whatever he wants?

He can ask for proof of thier fitness, fine.
He can ask for dope test regardless of thier particpation, fine

But why just bad mouth in front of the press. And people like Hayden should know better, one of his mates he was carrying on his shoulders 1 mont ago was caught cheating, and never played ODI cricket again( may be because he never wanted to get tested again)

gunner

U19 Cricketer
im surprised ashraf or noone from the pcb have mentioned waugh and warnes match fixing ways during this last week,
noone replied to hayden and symonds and now noone mentioned this to speed

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
im surprised ashraf or noone from the pcb have mentioned waugh and warnes match fixing ways during this last week,
noone replied to hayden and symonds and now noone mentioned this to speed
I think he did the right thing by not taking names. There should be some level of professionalism invloved. You cannot just go in the press and start saying whatever.

The thing is that there is a bunch down under which still couldnt swallow the fact that Inzi and PCB single handedly ended Darrell Hair's career, they wanna take every shot they can get on Pakistan.
I dont see any other cricketer or personal of any other nationality talk about it besides the austrlians. Its an internal matter, and even if ICC wants to intervene there is a code they should follow.

And now Allan border said there is no room for cheats, Where was his morals when the whole nation regarded Warne ( a cheat) as the greatest bowler ever?

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
I think he did the right thing by not taking names. There should be some level of professionalism invloved. You cannot just go in the press and start saying whatever.
Professionalism from the PCB? Give me a break, or at least a small quantity of whatever it is you're smoking.

It's in the typically passive-aggressive manner we've come to expect from the PCB - THEY're the ones who're responsible for the blatant dishonesty and now they're preaching to the rest of the world about a code of conduct?

And now Allan border said there is no room for cheats, Where was his morals when the whole nation regarded Warne ( a cheat) as the greatest bowler ever?
The difference, sir, is that Warne actually admitted to it, and then SERVED HIS BAN. Somehow this seems impossibly difficult for the Pak fans to understand and/or admit when they compare Warne's case with Asif's/Akhtar's. The moment they were let off, it was a completely different ball-game. The issue is understandably ludicrous to read about, and it fully deserves the ridicule dumped upon it on this board and elsewhere - that a couple of the usual loud-mouths from the you-know-which team are picking on it is hardly shocking.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's surprised no-one from the PCB (Ashraf or anyone) has mentioned Waugh and Warne's match-fixing in the past week.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
again thats not the point. What PCB what wrong or not will be decided by WADA later this year and knowing this the Speed should shut his mouth.

Just because People think what PCB does was wrong doesnt mean a person holding such a high office gives stupid remarks as these.

There is a procedure that needs to be followed and if found guilty then they are to be punished, no need to defame them.

And again i like warne and i dont want to talk crap about him. But the point is people like border should know better when he says that Cheats have no room in cricket.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Professionalism from the PCB? Give me a break, or at least a small quantity of whatever it is you're smoking.

It's in the typically passive-aggressive manner we've come to expect from the PCB - THEY're the ones who're responsible for the blatant dishonesty and now they're preaching to the rest of the world about a code of conduct?

The difference, sir, is that Warne actually admitted to it, and then SERVED HIS BAN. Somehow this seems impossibly difficult for the Pak fans to understand and/or admit when they compare Warne's case with Asif's/Akhtar's. The moment they were let off, it was a completely different ball-game. The issue is understandably ludicrous to read about, and it fully deserves the ridicule dumped upon it on this board and elsewhere - that a couple of the usual loud-mouths from the you-know-which team are picking on it is hardly shocking.
Amen

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
caught cheating, and never played ODI cricket again( may be because he never wanted to get tested again)
Difference being, Warne served a year ban. Doesn't stop him from being one of the best bowlers ever.

And that last comment is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read (and that is saying something). Are you seriously telling me he wouldn't get tested because he doesn't play ODIs? That's like a sprinter giving up the 100m sprint to just do the 200m because 'nobody would test that.'

FRAZ

International Captain
again thats not the point. What PCB what wrong or not will be decided by WADA later this year and knowing this the Speed should shut his mouth.

Just because People think what PCB does was wrong doesnt mean a person holding such a high office gives stupid remarks as these.

There is a procedure that needs to be followed and if found guilty then they are to be punished, no need to defame them.

And again i like warne and i dont want to talk crap about him. But the point is people like border should know better when he says that Cheats have no room in cricket.
I mean I*** award's worth some time gets very cheap . One has to struggle for it tbvh !
I mean its messed up . If I*** is going to be given very cheaply then I will mind it and keep this thing in my mind untill I lie down in peace.
Read that Archie !!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
Again thats not the point. What PCB did was wrong or not will be decided by WADA later this year and knowing this , Speed should shut his mouth.

Just because People think ? what PCB did was wrong, doesn't mean a person holding such a high office gives stupid remarks as these. ????????????

And again I like Warne and I don't want to talk crap about him. But the point is , people like Border should know better when they say that Cheats have no room in cricket . .
Good post ! 3.5/10 .

Last edited: