Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Ashraf puts Malcom back in his place

  1. #1
    U19 Cricketer rodzilla1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    453

    Ashraf puts Malcom back in his place

    I am not a big fan of PCB or Nasim Ashraf, but today he did something i completely agree with. Malcom Speed is the head of ICC and he is suppose to make sure that conterversies are handled in the most professional way causing as little fuss as possible.

    But he was waving his stick about the Akhtar and Asif issue, Ashraf did a couragous thing by reminding him and a few of his fellow countrymen that there is a code of ethics and as the top dog of the cricket council he should show some more brains. Its not nice to run to the press every time you have a personal opinion.

  2. #2
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    TBH.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  3. #3
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    TBH They are un-fit !!
    Even any Social person can asses that !!!
    I hate news papers and media and negative threading !!!
    Believe what there is as it is !!!
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  4. #4
    U19 Cricketer rodzilla1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    TBH They are un-fit !!
    Even any Social person can asses that !!!
    I hate news papers and media and negative threading !!!
    Believe what there is as it is !!!
    Thier fitness or fitness is not the point. The point is that should the chairman of the ICC should go around babling whatever he wants?

    He can ask for proof of thier fitness, fine.
    He can ask for dope test regardless of thier particpation, fine

    But why just bad mouth in front of the press. And people like Hayden should know better, one of his mates he was carrying on his shoulders 1 mont ago was caught cheating, and never played ODI cricket again( may be because he never wanted to get tested again)


  5. #5
    U19 Cricketer gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    439
    im surprised ashraf or noone from the pcb have mentioned waugh and warnes match fixing ways during this last week,
    noone replied to hayden and symonds and now noone mentioned this to speed

  6. #6
    U19 Cricketer rodzilla1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    im surprised ashraf or noone from the pcb have mentioned waugh and warnes match fixing ways during this last week,
    noone replied to hayden and symonds and now noone mentioned this to speed
    I think he did the right thing by not taking names. There should be some level of professionalism invloved. You cannot just go in the press and start saying whatever.

    The thing is that there is a bunch down under which still couldnt swallow the fact that Inzi and PCB single handedly ended Darrell Hair's career, they wanna take every shot they can get on Pakistan.
    I dont see any other cricketer or personal of any other nationality talk about it besides the austrlians. Its an internal matter, and even if ICC wants to intervene there is a code they should follow.

    And now Allan border said there is no room for cheats, Where was his morals when the whole nation regarded Warne ( a cheat) as the greatest bowler ever?
    Last edited by rodzilla1010; 02-03-2007 at 08:00 AM.

  7. #7
    International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,250
    Quote Originally Posted by rodzilla1010 View Post
    I think he did the right thing by not taking names. There should be some level of professionalism invloved. You cannot just go in the press and start saying whatever.
    Professionalism from the PCB? Give me a break, or at least a small quantity of whatever it is you're smoking.

    It's in the typically passive-aggressive manner we've come to expect from the PCB - THEY're the ones who're responsible for the blatant dishonesty and now they're preaching to the rest of the world about a code of conduct?


    And now Allan border said there is no room for cheats, Where was his morals when the whole nation regarded Warne ( a cheat) as the greatest bowler ever?
    The difference, sir, is that Warne actually admitted to it, and then SERVED HIS BAN. Somehow this seems impossibly difficult for the Pak fans to understand and/or admit when they compare Warne's case with Asif's/Akhtar's. The moment they were let off, it was a completely different ball-game. The issue is understandably ludicrous to read about, and it fully deserves the ridicule dumped upon it on this board and elsewhere - that a couple of the usual loud-mouths from the you-know-which team are picking on it is hardly shocking.

  8. #8
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by rodzilla1010 View Post
    Thier fitness or fitness is not the point.

  9. #9
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post

  10. #10
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    im surprised ashraf or noone from the pcb have mentioned waugh and warnes match fixing ways during this last week,
    pardon
    rave down, hit the ground


    MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

  11. #11
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    He's surprised no-one from the PCB (Ashraf or anyone) has mentioned Waugh and Warne's match-fixing in the past week.

  12. #12
    U19 Cricketer rodzilla1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    453
    again thats not the point. What PCB what wrong or not will be decided by WADA later this year and knowing this the Speed should shut his mouth.

    Just because People think what PCB does was wrong doesnt mean a person holding such a high office gives stupid remarks as these.

    There is a procedure that needs to be followed and if found guilty then they are to be punished, no need to defame them.

    And again i like warne and i dont want to talk crap about him. But the point is people like border should know better when he says that Cheats have no room in cricket.

  13. #13
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Evermind View Post
    Professionalism from the PCB? Give me a break, or at least a small quantity of whatever it is you're smoking.

    It's in the typically passive-aggressive manner we've come to expect from the PCB - THEY're the ones who're responsible for the blatant dishonesty and now they're preaching to the rest of the world about a code of conduct?




    The difference, sir, is that Warne actually admitted to it, and then SERVED HIS BAN. Somehow this seems impossibly difficult for the Pak fans to understand and/or admit when they compare Warne's case with Asif's/Akhtar's. The moment they were let off, it was a completely different ball-game. The issue is understandably ludicrous to read about, and it fully deserves the ridicule dumped upon it on this board and elsewhere - that a couple of the usual loud-mouths from the you-know-which team are picking on it is hardly shocking.
    Amen

  14. #14
    Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Moving the hole in the o-zone layer
    Posts
    8,547
    Quote Originally Posted by rodzilla1010 View Post
    caught cheating, and never played ODI cricket again( may be because he never wanted to get tested again)
    Difference being, Warne served a year ban. Doesn't stop him from being one of the best bowlers ever.

    And that last comment is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read (and that is saying something). Are you seriously telling me he wouldn't get tested because he doesn't play ODIs? That's like a sprinter giving up the 100m sprint to just do the 200m because 'nobody would test that.'

  15. #15
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by rodzilla1010 View Post
    again thats not the point. What PCB what wrong or not will be decided by WADA later this year and knowing this the Speed should shut his mouth.

    Just because People think what PCB does was wrong doesnt mean a person holding such a high office gives stupid remarks as these.

    There is a procedure that needs to be followed and if found guilty then they are to be punished, no need to defame them.

    And again i like warne and i dont want to talk crap about him. But the point is people like border should know better when he says that Cheats have no room in cricket.
    I mean I*** award's worth some time gets very cheap . One has to struggle for it tbvh !
    I mean its messed up . If I*** is going to be given very cheaply then I will mind it and keep this thing in my mind untill I lie down in peace.
    Read that Archie !!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Great Test Matches..
    By Neil Pickup in forum General
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
  2. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 27-01-2007, 05:24 AM
  3. Back to school young man
    By Lillian Thomson in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-03-2006, 01:42 PM
  4. interesting article.
    By sledger in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 13-02-2006, 03:48 PM
  5. Guess who's back?
    By Gaijin-san in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 17-06-2004, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •