• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the MVP in ODI cricket today?

Who is the Best ODI player in the world today

• R Ponting

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • S Polluck

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • M Hussey

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • S Bond

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • M Murlitharan

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • M S Dhoni

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Others

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

PhoenixFire

International Coach
No doubt, but Ponting is easily the best Batsman in the world at the moment, you just expect him to make runs every time he goes to the crease.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
No doubt, but Ponting is easily the best Batsman in the world at the moment, you just expect him to make runs every time he goes to the crease.
my take on that is that if ponting fails hayden,gilli,hussey somone scores for Aus...

But notice one thing if you hit polluck for 6 runs an over that whole attack goes crazy..SA dpends way too much on 10/39/2 type bowling..and with an avg of 30, he is better than most middle order batmen in the world, not to forget his 80+ SR

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Australia without Ponting still have lots of weapons. SA without Pollock are still excellent. SL without Murali are no where near what they are with him..

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Depends what your interpretation of ''Most Valuable Player' is. It doesn't say 'Most crucial to team success', or anything like that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Depends what your interpretation of ''Most Valuable Player' is. It doesn't say 'Most crucial to team success', or anything like that.
Isn't that more 'valuable' means? How important you are to your team? Australia can lose Ponting and can still be great. SL cannot lose Murali and still be any good at all.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Isn't that more 'valuable' means? How important you are to your team? Australia can lose Ponting and can still be great. SL cannot lose Murali and still be any good at all.
No, MVB is disragarding on the team a person plays in, or it should be.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
No, MVB is disragarding on the team a person plays in, or it should be.
i believe its a mixture of both...the players importance to the team should count but it shouldnt be the deciding factor....Most teams ussually play out murli's 10 and score 30-40 runs off him just void giving him Wkts...howeevr to deny polluck is more difficult in the ODI's,

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tendulkar, Flintoff, Afridi, Kallis, Ntini, KP, Asif. Think I'll vote "other", tbh.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I'd go for Pollock if he keeps bowling like he has this summer, it's been brilliant to watch. He is a very good number 8 batsman as well, as has been said. Good old Polly.

pup11

International Coach
Mike hussey is the undoubted choice because he has the ability to adapt in any sort of a situation, which is a hallmark of a great player.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went for "other" because I feel Andrew Symonds is the MVP in limited overs cricket thesedays.