• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Salamuddin's ALL TIme ODI X1

Salamuddin

International Debutant
1. Saeed Anwar
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Brian Lara
5. Inzy
6. Kumar Sangakkara
7. Imran Khan
8. Wasim Akram
9. Saqlain Mushtaq
10. Murali
11. Curtly Ambrose

Now who can match/better that team ? :laugh:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Solid work in leaving out the two best ODI batsmen in history.

I'd have Gilchrist, Viv, Bevan and Kluesener in there for Sangakkara, Pietersen, Inzy and Imran.

Lara is fair enough but could also be a number of other players. Not sure Curtley warrants a spot, though it's not out of the question, and I wouldn't pick two spinners. McGrath in for one of the spinners, and Garner in for Ambrose. :p

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Solid work in leaving out the two best ODI batsmen in history.

I'd have Gilchrist, Viv, Bevan and Kluesener in there for Sangakkara, Pietersen, Inzy and Imran.

Lara is fair enough but could also be a number of other players. Not sure Curtley warrants a spot, though it's not out of the question, and I wouldn't pick two spinners. McGrath in for one of the spinners, and Garner in for Ambrose. :p

Saqlain is one of teh best ODI bowlers ever.....so is Murali....see no reason why they can't be considered together.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Saqlain is one of teh best ODI bowlers ever.....so is Murali....see no reason why they can't be considered together.
They can definitely be considered. There's at least three spinners who are perfectly worthy of a position in an all time ODI team. I just wouldn't pick two spinners together unless the pitch was a real turner.

Steulen

International Regular
No Richards, Ponting, Bevan, Warne, Ganguly, Gilchrist, Symonds, Bond, Lee, Jayasuriya, McGrath, Asif, Pollock, Kallis, Dravid?

You've included Pietersen, I'd consider any of the above before him.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I get the feeling the Pietersen inclusion is a joke comparing him to Viv. I can't imagine anyone would seriously put him in an all-time ODI team already.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ridiculous to not put Viv, Bevan or Garner in there. And Ganguly is better than Anwar in ODI's (and Gilchrist is better than both).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
  1. Adam Gilchrist
  2. Sachin Tendulkar
  3. Viv Richards
  4. Dean Jones
  5. Brian Lara
  6. Michael Bevan
  7. Lance Klusener
  8. Wasim Akram
  9. Joel Garner
  10. Glenn McGrath
  11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Unlucky: Shane Warne, Shaun Pollock

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top XI for something that's reasonable to do. A modern-era ODI XI.

Congratulations on not attempting to pick an all-time ODI team.

Saeed Anwar
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
+Kumar Sangakkara
Viv Richards
Michael Bevan
*Imran Khan
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Glenn McGrath
Muttiah Muralitharan

oz_fan

International Regular
1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Viv Richards
4. Brian Lara
5. Jaques Kallis
6. Michael Bevan
7. Lance Klusener
8. Shaun Pollock
9. Wasim Akram
10. Joel Garner
11. Muralitharin

Unlucky: Allan Donald, Waqar Younis

FRAZ

International Captain
1. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
2. Haynes
3. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
4. Javed Miandad
5. Sir Viv
6.Michael Bevan
7. Imran Khan (c)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Murali
10. Joel Garner
11. Shoaib Akhtar
Now beat that !!!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's a good side, Fraz, but I would be tempted to take out Haynes and have Sachin opening and have either Deano or Punter or Lara in there. That would complete the side, for me.

biased indian

International Coach
1. Saeed Anwar
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Brian Lara
5. Inzy
6. Kumar Sangakkara
7. Imran Khan
8. Wasim Akram
9. Saqlain Mushtaq
10. Murali
11. Curtly Ambrose

Now who can match/better that team ? :laugh:
its an all time PAk& rest of the world team :)