• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi Overated?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What do people think Sachin should be averaging? 65 in tests coming in at 4 playing as long as he did, and 55 in ODIs opening the batting for most of his career? Calling him a wasted talent is one of the weirdest things I've heard.

Anyway regarding Afridi, he's not overrated. Most knowledgeable cricket fans know what he is, and some like it, some don't. He's something different which I appreciate.

Fiery

Banned
What do people think Sachin should be averaging? 65 in tests coming in at 4 playing as long as he did, and 55 in ODIs opening the batting for most of his career? Calling him a wasted talent is one of the weirdest things I've heard.

Anyway regarding Afridi, he's not overrated. Most knowledgeable cricket fans know what he is, and some like it, some don't. He's something different which I appreciate.
Spot on there Jono

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't call him a wasted talent, but I definitely think he could've been a clear 2nd to Bradman and has under-achieved to an extent. Not discounting what he's done so far by any means though, I still think he's a brilliant player and is still my favourite batsman ever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wouldn't call him a wasted talent, but I definitely think he could've been a clear 2nd to Bradman and has under-achieved to an extent.
TBH you could quite possibly have said that about many batsmen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
TBH you could quite possibly have said that about many batsmen.
Yeah that's what I was thinking when I read Dasa's post, though I do understand his point. Lara too could definitely have been a clear 2nd best since Bradman, so could Viv, and Greg Chappell as well. Most naturally gifted batsman often seem like as unbelievably great as they have been, they could have been that much better, but weren't for one reason or another.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not to mention Sir George Headley, Sir Everton Weekes and who knows, maybe even Sir Garfield Sobers... :p

Although I won't get started on why, IMO, all 3 > Lara > IVA...