• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Did Brian lara waste is oneday cricket talent?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed, which goes directly against the common claim that he's selfish. He's been the one giving Dwayne Bravo, Denesh Ramdin etc. a chance to bat up the order at his expense. It's certainly not to preserve his batting average.
I've never been too keen on this "X is a selfish batsman" stuff myself - IMO it's hogwash far, far more often than it's true.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never been too keen on this "X is a selfish batsman" stuff myself - IMO it's hogwash far, far more often than it's true.
Many people argued that, given Lara's massive runscoring as the West Indies continued to lose, he was a selfish batsman. I don't see the logic there and I never did. It's not like Lara can donate his runs to other batsmen who aren't scoring them. He can only contribute runs personally. And he's done so to record-breaking tuneage.