• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you would trade to other countires

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Which Player from another country would you like to get into the team you support and which player would you get rid off from your own team?

And if the supporters from the other team would accept the trade? so make it realistic!

I would Trade Mohd Sami/ Rana Naveed to any team with a decent opener. My personal choice would be A Cook but i dont think Eng needs a pacer.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
I'd trade Read/G Jones for Sangakkara/Boucher.
yeah i am sure the sri lankans would gladly accpet your offer, only if add this term..that sangakkara will play 1 match for England if Jones/read plays 10 matches for SL...on top of that i dont think there is a lack of talent in both teams for them to trade keeprs...

Boucher has d'viller on his heals and sangakkara kept kaluwitharana out who is a very decent keeper

May be if you trade Monty panesar for boucher to SA they might consider your offer

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I'd like to trade Loots Bosman and Robin Peterson, but I think that'll be hard...maybe Holland will take Bosman and we can get RTD.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Which Player from another country would you like to get into the team you support and which player would you get rid off from your own team?

And if the supporters from the other team would accept the trade? so make it realistic!

I would Trade Mohd Sami/ Rana Naveed to any team with a decent opener. My personal choice would be A Cook but i dont think Eng needs a pacer.
No-one's taking Sami. Not even Scotland.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd trade any of the Indians' so-called spin bowling options for Scott Styris or Jacob Oram or Symonds.

Also add Dinesh Karthik for Dwayne Smith.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I would trade Vidender Sehwag, Irfan Pathan for Brett Lee. Any takers ?
Its actually tougher than you'd think, as Lee isn't all that young anymore...and his average is stuck at around 30 and isn't coming down. But then again, Irfan is never going to be a test quality bowler (IMO), so I'd still make the deal.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Do we get them as they are now, or from the beginning of their careers? If the latter, then I'd take Pollock for Dravid. And Glenn McGrath for the entire Indian team [and I'll throw in their their first born children].

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Monty for deVilliers

Im not dV's biggest fan but he isnt the parttime keeper people think he is and he would make a huge difference to the England team (Yes, bigger than Monty IMO). SA get the decent spinner they lack

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
I will take Sehwag for Umar Gul..
I wouldn't do that. Sehwag's form recently suggests he's not the settled opener we would need outside of the sub-continent. In the absence of Asif/Shoaib, you're trading away our best bowling weapon for an out of form opener who has lost his confidence. Sehwag wouldn't be a solution to Pak's opening problems.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
I wouldn't do that. Sehwag's form recently suggests he's not the settled opener we would need outside of the sub-continent. In the absence of Asif/Shoaib, you're trading away our best bowling weapon for an out of form opener who has lost his confidence. Sehwag wouldn't be a solution to Pak's opening problems.
Guess you are right...He is a FTB anyway, and we have enough players who can do it on Flat track..Sehwag has miserable record away