• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Records are least likely to be broken?

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
I think the most difficult record to break will Afridi's 37 ball hundred, the second fastest is a joint record for Lara and Afridi in 45 balls, which is 8 balls or 21% more balls than the original record.

what other records will be the hardest to break?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
This might sound a bit naive, but I don't see anybody overtaking Wasim Akram's record of most wickets in ODIs. I thought Lee might have had a chance, but not sure about that anymore.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
One that will never be broken is Jack Hobb's record of 199 FC centuries

One that could be broken but it will be difficult and I would love to watch the player that is capable of doing it is

Bothams record of taking 21 tests to be the fastest to 1000 runs and take 100 wickets in tests.

EDITED- to avoid confusion

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Despite the never-ending flat tracks and Australia's 20+ tests next year, I don't think anybody will be able to overtake Yousuf's record of most runs in a calendar year anytime soon.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This might sound a bit naive, but I don't see anybody overtaking Wasim Akram's record of most wickets in ODIs. I thought Lee might have had a chance, but not sure about that anymore.
By my rough recogning Murali would pass it if he plays for 2-3 more yrs

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
One that could be broken but it will be difficult and I would love to watch the player that is capable of doing it is

Bothams record of taking 21 tests to score 1000 runs and take 100 wickets in tests.
Does it have to be in the beginning of a career? Otherwise, I could see someone doing it.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Does it have to be in the beginning of a career? Otherwise, I could see someone doing it.
those type of record are too specific...i was looking for something rather more simple...people dont nessecarily aim for 1000 runs and wicket in 20 matches...those just happen...

i am talking about highest scores or highest wickets....things generally aimed at

I think witht he level of ODI's being played akram's record will be broken

But bradman's avg
Afridi' fastest hundred
are just beyond anyone on the scne right now

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
those type of record are too specific...i was looking for something rather more simple...people dont nessecarily aim for 1000 runs and wicket in 20 matches...those just happen...

i am talking about highest scores or highest wickets....things generally aimed at

I think witht he level of ODI's being played akram's record will be broken

But bradman's avg
Afridi' fastest hundred
are just beyond anyone on the scne right now
First time - and hopefully the last - I see Afridi and Bradman's achievements compared in any way.