Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW Cricketers

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

CW Cricketers

So I was thinking about this. I nknow a lot of posters play club cricket and what will you, but I was wondering, how many really good Cricketers do we have here?

There's three that spring to mind for me, who are all supposed to be rather good.

Firstly, there's Jack (vic_orthdox). I don't know the ins and outs of his career like some do, but I do know he is supposedly rather good.

Secondly, there's Goughy, who I believe was near to playing First Class, runs a coaching company and was a ****-hot fast bowler in his day. I think videos of him bowling may even have been posted on here (or a link to them) but I was in work at the time and could not view.

Thirdly, I believe FRAZ has played First Class. or am I imagining this? I believe he's a really quick pace bowler.

Any others who have played at a high level or are likely to?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Yeah, Goughy has led me to believe that he used to be a pretty good quick bowler, who bowled at some top players in nets (Collingwood, Key and so on) and good club level.

We do have Pickup here, but he's a league unto himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    SJS & Social have both played at a fairly high level too I think.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    SJS, how could I forget?

I was unaware of social's past-exploits, however.

International Captain
    Played Quaid-e-Azam U-19 trophy and from the seniors Gas company team played for one tournament and was fetching bottles of water and smelly towels inside the ground for most of the times . Played 1-2 matches and was bad honestly speaking but was a good player from my college side . Was admitted in FC college on sports basis . Played among the Punjab college of Commerce fellows and then finally for CBA fellows . Currently I am trying to play this season in Toronto (3rd division) and play in-door currently and I am a smoking hot looking bowler !!!!!
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    So I was thinking about this. I nknow a lot of posters play club cricket and what will you, but I was wondering, how many really good Cricketers do we have here?

There's three that spring to mind for me, who are all supposed to be rather good.

Firstly, there's Jack (vic_orthdox). I don't know the ins and outs of his career like some do, but I do know he is supposedly rather good.

Secondly, there's Goughy, who I believe was near to playing First Class, runs a coaching company and was a ****-hot fast bowler in his day. I think videos of him bowling may even have been posted on here (or a link to them) but I was in work at the time and could not view.

Thirdly, I believe FRAZ has played First Class. or am I imagining this? I believe he's a really quick pace bowler.

Any others who have played at a high level or are likely to?
    And there was Fardin who might have.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    and I am a smoking hot looking bowler !!!!!
    I thought you told us you were giving-up!

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    I used to work with this fella:

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/austr...ayer/6688.html

He is therefore only one degree of separation from this forum
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Nope. Not good enough. He's not on the forum, so he doesn't count. You're just trying to manufacture extra credit for yourself.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Nope. Not good enough. He's not on the forum, so he doesn't count. You're just trying to manufacture extra credit for yourself.
    ok...erm...I used to play in the same under 18s league as Flintoff!!!...so Flintoff is only one degree of separtaion from this forum....hehehe

International Captain
    ha memories !!!! Well my nose is so funny now and I am so so concerned about it . The doc made it like an Indian actress Sridevi .. And as far as smoking is concerned I quit it for the past season though . Slightly back into my stupid routine . Well before the start of cricket season I am quitting again !!!!

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    ok...erm...I used to play in the same under 18s league as Flintoff!!!...so Flintoff is only one degree of separtaion from this forum....hehehe
    Aren't you about five years older than him? Guess he was something of a prodigy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Played Quaid-e-Azam U-19 trophy and from the seniors Gas company team played for one tournament and was fetching bottles of water and smelly towels inside the ground for most of the times . Played 1-2 matches and was bad honestly speaking but was a good player from my college side . Was admitted in FC college on sports basis . Played among the Punjab college of Commerce fellows and then finally for CBA fellows . Currently I am trying to play this season in Toronto (3rd division) and play in-door currently and I am a smoking hot looking bowler !!!!!
    Not meaning to be rude or anything but 3rd division in Canada is like 5th division in England? Am I correct just to compare etc!

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance View Post
    Not meaning to be rude or anything but 3rd division in Canada is like 5th division in England? Am I correct just to compare etc!
    Are you being biased over here or you wanna make fun of Canadians . We have our divisions over here . Pretty decent cricket is over here . Although standard is not that high but still we have a good cricket scene over here !

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    Please... PLEASE tell me you realised my previous post was in jest?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information