• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Cricketers

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So I was thinking about this. I nknow a lot of posters play club cricket and what will you, but I was wondering, how many really good Cricketers do we have here?

There's three that spring to mind for me, who are all supposed to be rather good.

Firstly, there's Jack (vic_orthdox). I don't know the ins and outs of his career like some do, but I do know he is supposedly rather good.

Secondly, there's Goughy, who I believe was near to playing First Class, runs a coaching company and was a ****-hot fast bowler in his day. I think videos of him bowling may even have been posted on here (or a link to them) but I was in work at the time and could not view.

Thirdly, I believe FRAZ has played First Class. or am I imagining this? I believe he's a really quick pace bowler.

Any others who have played at a high level or are likely to?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, Goughy has led me to believe that he used to be a pretty good quick bowler, who bowled at some top players in nets (Collingwood, Key and so on) and good club level.

We do have Pickup here, but he's a league unto himself.

FRAZ

International Captain
Played Quaid-e-Azam U-19 trophy and from the seniors Gas company team played for one tournament and was fetching bottles of water and smelly towels inside the ground for most of the times . Played 1-2 matches and was bad honestly speaking but was a good player from my college side . Was admitted in FC college on sports basis . Played among the Punjab college of Commerce fellows and then finally for CBA fellows . Currently I am trying to play this season in Toronto (3rd division) and play in-door currently and I am a smoking hot looking bowler !!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So I was thinking about this. I nknow a lot of posters play club cricket and what will you, but I was wondering, how many really good Cricketers do we have here?

There's three that spring to mind for me, who are all supposed to be rather good.

Firstly, there's Jack (vic_orthdox). I don't know the ins and outs of his career like some do, but I do know he is supposedly rather good.

Secondly, there's Goughy, who I believe was near to playing First Class, runs a coaching company and was a ****-hot fast bowler in his day. I think videos of him bowling may even have been posted on here (or a link to them) but I was in work at the time and could not view.

Thirdly, I believe FRAZ has played First Class. or am I imagining this? I believe he's a really quick pace bowler.

Any others who have played at a high level or are likely to?
And there was Fardin who might have. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nope. Not good enough. He's not on the forum, so he doesn't count. You're just trying to manufacture extra credit for yourself. 8-)

Swervy

International Captain
Nope. Not good enough. He's not on the forum, so he doesn't count. You're just trying to manufacture extra credit for yourself. 8-)
ok...erm...I used to play in the same under 18s league as Flintoff!!!...so Flintoff is only one degree of separtaion from this forum....hehehe

Played Quaid-e-Azam U-19 trophy and from the seniors Gas company team played for one tournament and was fetching bottles of water and smelly towels inside the ground for most of the times . Played 1-2 matches and was bad honestly speaking but was a good player from my college side . Was admitted in FC college on sports basis . Played among the Punjab college of Commerce fellows and then finally for CBA fellows . Currently I am trying to play this season in Toronto (3rd division) and play in-door currently and I am a smoking hot looking bowler !!!!!
Not meaning to be rude or anything but 3rd division in Canada is like 5th division in England? Am I correct just to compare etc!

FRAZ

International Captain
Not meaning to be rude or anything but 3rd division in Canada is like 5th division in England? Am I correct just to compare etc!
Are you being biased over here or you wanna make fun of Canadians . We have our divisions over here . Pretty decent cricket is over here . Although standard is not that high but still we have a good cricket scene over here !

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ok...erm...I used to play in the same under 18s league as Flintoff!!!...so Flintoff is only one degree of separtaion from this forum....hehehe
Please... PLEASE tell me you realised my previous post was in jest? :blink:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ha memories !!!! Well my nose is so funny now and I am so so concerned about it . The doc made it like an Indian actress Sridevi .. And as far as smoking is concerned I quit it for the past season though . Slightly back into my stupid routine . Well before the start of cricket season I am quitting again !!!!
If you're concerned just pack the things in perminantly!!!!!!!!

Seriously - it's not worth the worry just for a few fags!

Are you being biased over here or you wanna make fun of Canadians . We have our divisions over here . Pretty decent cricket is over here . Although standard is not that high but still we have a good cricket scene over here !
No way I want to make fun of Canadians! Infact my cousin's are Canadians is the 1st division classified as the best league in the country?

FRAZ

International Captain
No way I want to make fun of Canadians! Infact my cousin's are Canadians is the 1st division classified as the best league in the country?
Well one has to go up ! I am part of ACC club and we have two teams and one of it is playing elite class and oneis like a rolling stone . They are willing to make me a captain of the crap team . I will give a thought . Being Musharraf of 2nd world did attract me ,but on the other hand being a parliament member of any first world is a good issue too . Teams have to be registered yet and it's not finalize . I want to play on a better level now . But it's politica 'oviously amigo . Anyways I'll keep on sending up dates from the battle field .

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea no doubt, a very good cricket scene here in Canada (especially Toronto). I am thinking of joining the T&D league this summer.