• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Cricketers

open365

International Vice-Captain
ok...erm...I used to play in the same under 18s league as Flintoff!!!...so Flintoff is only one degree of separtaion from this forum....hehehe
Well Flintoff used to play for my club :p

AND got coached by one of the coaches at my club.

This should get me a lot more credit than you.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh Kevin Gough is one of the best fast bowlers I have faced, I hardly laid a bat onto one thing..

I used to be a good legspinner, went to the Lords Academy and had 2 sessions with Terry Jenner when he toured England.. Then I got the yips and am now bowling mediocre medium pace

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh Kevin Gough is one of the best fast bowlers I have faced, I hardly laid a bat onto one thing..

I used to be a good legspinner, went to the Lords Academy and had 2 sessions with Terry Jenner when he toured England.. Then I got the yips and am now bowling mediocre medium pace
With a nice high action and you hit the seam though. It may not be express but there is decent bounce and movement. If you hit your length it is difficult to get away and forces the batsman to play a moving ball.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ive played a fairly good level of Indoor cricket, was a good outdoor cricketer but not really exceptional enough to get to the next level...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i have played sydney grade 2nd grade to 5th grade, nsw u15's and u17's.. played all junior reps and had a nsw country tour.

also played rep indoor cricket mens 2nd grade and won championships and state tittles.

played cricket from the age of 3 up to 2 years ago when i retired at the age of 30. (family and work commitments). some current nsw players and australian players were in my nsw sides and training squads.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Holland U17/U19 development team is the best I got on my CV so far.
play 2nd XI for my club VCC, 1st XI plays Hoofdklasse(which is similair to Sydney 1st/2nd grade) and I play in overgangsklasse(2 leagues down) standard is oke, one week you play a team that can play cricket, next week you play 11 guys who simply can't.

target is to make my debut in the 1st team this year...

Swervy

International Captain
Liverpool cricket club.

I would link you to the website but it hasn't been updated since 2002.
right..didnt know he played there.

I can claim in some odd way to have been better as an 11 year than Flintoff was. in that I played for St Annes 4ths at the age of 11, whilst Freddie didnt play for them until he was 12!!!:laugh.

There is in fact a distinct possibility that I have played against Flintoff, both whilst he was with St Annes (I used to play for South Shore, and we frequently had mixed team friendlies on Sundays) and also when he played for Dutton Forshaw as an under 18 (he would have been 13 at the time of course).

If I did play against him, I would have easy got him out and all:laugh:

Buggsy was a fair cricketer for those Randy Petes. Have played 1st reps since U10's to now and have played Emerging Blues that's basically as far as I can go atm. Would have played greenies but missed the second trial which I made into easily as I had a Rep Rugby Tour to Perth the day of that centre wicket trial.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The best I got was Beenleigh Logan U15s B side. Where I averaged about 6. That was the end of that. I wasn't close enough to the coach's son to ever be seriously considered for higher honours.

The Baconator

I've always been pretty good at junior level but never really gone up to the next level. My keeping against spin and playing of pace bowling always let me down at trials etc. Did get into District which is kinda the next level down after my gun 04 season, but didn't really make the most of it itbt.

Jungle Jumbo

I've always been pretty good at junior level but never really gone up to the next level. My keeping against spin and playing of pace bowling always let me down at trials etc. Did get into District which is kinda the next level down after my gun 04 season, but didn't really make the most of it itbt.
Similar position really. I could have maybe got somewhere near the District side last year, but a combination of there being plenty of more consistent legspinners around and my lack of any real skill with bat or ball counted against me. I'm too prone to completely lose it to go anywhere good (the most important over of my life, at a key stage of a school's cup semi, disappeared for 21) but signs are pretty good for this season.

The highest level I'm ever likely to play at is an odd match for the school 1st XI in a few years' time, and that will depend on injuries.