• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sajid Mahmood

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Harsh Steds :laugh:

I like the Saj, but consistency has always been a problem. We've seen the best of him, but unfortunately, the worst of him aswell. However, I think as time has gone by he has improved, and has got better. If England have the good Sajid Mahmood, I geniunly think He could be one of the leading wicket takers. He has the pace, and he has the... height ? and he can achieve

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
At least he doesn't need to be treated royally by Harmison, and turned up in the ODI uniform. Can't be too bad.

Evermind

International Debutant
I rank the English ODI pace bowlers:

Flintoff (duh)
Plunkett (I genuinely believe he's got more potential than Anderson)
Anderson (I can't believe this guy is third in a non-minnow non-Indian pace lineup)
Jon Lewis
Mahmood
Tremlett

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mahmood has about as much potential as Fidel Edwards. And given that he has the fortune of being in the English system, he will probably end up being marginally better than Edwards.

Mahmood should learn to bowl on the domestic circuit.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Mahmood has about as much potential as Fidel Edwards. And given that he has the fortune of being in the English system, he will probably end up being marginally better than Edwards.

Mahmood should learn to bowl on the domestic circuit.
... which is probably where he'll be this summer. I think he's better than Harmison was on the last Ashes tour, and I get the impression he has the desire to work on his game and improve. It's far too early to write him off in the way that some have.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mahmood is rubbish and I'm willing to make the call that he's unlikely ever to be much but.

FRAZ

International Captain
Saj is a strong bowler and can hit the deck pretty hard but needs some variation and some sense of humor !!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I never have the courage to strengthen the call to "will never be".

It's not completely OOTQ that Saj will turn-out decent, anyway - it's not like there's nothing good about him. But he's so wayward I can't really see him ever making enough of an improvement.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The biggest thing that stands out about Saj is that his bad balls aren't just slightly overpitched, they're really bad balls.

thierry henry

International Coach
He's fast, sometimes bordering on express, and he swings it a bit. So really, he should be pretty good. But he's at the extreme end of inaccurate as far as international bowlers go and that's not easily fixed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Very average cricketer, and has been mentioned before he would struggle to make a full strength Lancashire side let alone England.

Does a lot of things decently but isnt capable of doing 1 or 2 things well enough to be a good bowler.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Very average cricketer, and has been mentioned before he would struggle to make a full strength Lancashire side let alone England.

Does a lot of things decently but isnt capable of doing 1 or 2 things well enough to be a good bowler.
I was going to mention that i rather have Chapple, Cork, Flintoff and even Anderson ahead of him in a full strength Lancashire. Way too inconsistent to be playing Internationals. His got some pace and swing at times, but bowls too many crap bowls. Maybe after two full season in CC he might learn how to bowl proper, but worrying that someone who has played Test has so many problems.