• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the greatest unsung cricket hero in the world?

skv.sagar

Cricket Spectator
i wanna know who is the greatest unsung hero in the world this is a new question u never faced isnt it. probably vishi, mohinder , damienmartyn?, or lehmann,?tell

PY

International Coach
Wrong part of the forum mate, use Cricket Chat to post new threads about cricket.

Bit of advice too, don't go making too many new threads straight away. Explore the forum and try find places where these topics are being discussed then if they aren't, post away. :)

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Samit Patel, fo sho'

Ive always thought that Owais Shah is a bloody good batsman but never gets the recognition he deserves

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
One of the hundreds guys somewhere in the shires of England who's spent their lives running teams, mowing wickets, making teas and picking up boundary markers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hmmm, well mates of mine reckon I look like him, and I'd like to think I don't look like Munaf. :p

open365

International Vice-Captain
One of the hundreds guys somewhere in the shires of England who's spent their lives running teams, mowing wickets, making teas and picking up boundary markers.
Yet these poor people are often the least talented, the world is a very unfair place.

I think the biggest unsung hero in ODI cricket is Jaques Kallis, his record is amazing and i don't think he gets the credit as an ODI player he deserves.

Swervy

International Captain
Chuck Norris doesn't get enough credit IMO. Who else can count to infinity twice?
with you on that..

# There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

# Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having *** with his waitress.:laugh:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
with you on that..

# There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

# Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having *** with his waitress.:laugh:
I had another one that was he spent the first 45 laughing at Vin Diesel who couldn't manage one. Both good though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Had no one particular in mind. There are hundreds if not more at clubs nationwide who the game would fall apart and die without.
I know.

And Jeff Stanyer and Bruce Coleman are the only two of these hundreds of people who I know the names of.

And TBH, Jeff's done more for Exeter CC than most people will ever do for any other CC.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Had no one particular in mind. There are hundreds if not more at clubs nationwide who the game would fall apart and die without.
Very true. Terry "TV" Jacobs (so called because he once appeared on telly!) basically keeps Wilburton CC running. He's captain, opening bat, chief-groundsman, manager & financial director. He must be 60 if he's a day too. His two sons are our opening bowlers & his missus makes the (splendid) teas, so it's a dynasty.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
James, he does a hell of a lot of great work for this site.
True, actually...

Would be interesting to see how many similar sites there are out there which are administered in the main by one person...

I guess the man himself might know.

James should certainly, as has been said 1,000,000 times, be extremely proud of what CW has grown to be (and will undoubtedly continue to).