• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum Demographics

What classification do you fall under?

• Total voters

Evermind

International Debutant
I've been really curious about this since I got on this forum, so here it comes out. I've always thought that the popularity of cricket is waning among the non-subcontinental nations (excepting Australia, perhaps). So I'd like to know the demographic of this forum. (If you choose others, please specify).

Edit: maybe some of you are not clear what I meant by "western" country. This includes:

WI
NZ
Aus
Eng
SA

So 33/3from3.3 you'd fall under the first category, not the 5th.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The large majority of members here would be English and Australian, and there's quite a few kiwis.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
When it comes to fourm demographics there is a large majority from Australia, New Zealand and England. The is a rapid increase from what i've noticed from North America, with most supporting India and Pakistan it seems. There is a decent amount of posters from India and Pakistan, but it seems half the supports of those countries are from North America on this forum.

The fourm does lack users from South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh.

On the issue of lack popularity of cricket is waning among the non-subcontinental nations, excepting Australia. I don't really think this is a case just that a lot supporters of cricket in those countries support other sports, which means they might spend a little less time analzying and talking cricket, on a fourm such as this. In terms of crowds, the ones in England and South Africa seem pretty good. Well see in the Windies next month. NZ has been down, but its been like that for a while, if not forever. Cricket will always be the 2nd to Rugby over there.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I would have thought West Indies and South Africa been quite high in internet access. I could understand Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Kiwi in Japan here

Yeah, NZ has one of the highest internet usage 'penetration' rates in the world. Whats misleading about that stat is that most are on crappy dialup