• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will the first to break Anwar's 194?

dass

Banned
its hard to beleive it has been 10 years already since that great innings of 194 by Saeed Anwar against india in 1997. So now 10 years onwards who do you think is the first batsmens that will break that record?

Last edited:

dass

Banned
for some reason i think it will be ganguly, i just have a gut feeling and he might even do it in the world cup.

adharcric

International Coach
Gibbs, Jayasuriya, Ganguly or Ponting. Definitely could see a few huge scores in the WC against the minnows.

deeps

International 12th Man
It's really interesting, because despite all the super high scores (400+) and all the other one day records being broken, that Anwar's 194* still remains the highest ODI score. He was a very under rated player.

Anyway, i'll say that if his world record does not get broken this world cup, that it will remain for a good 10 more years.

The reason i say that, is if someone can't take advantage of the tiny grounds, and many games against 'associate nations', then it's unlikely to broken later on on larger grounds against better opposition.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think people forgot that the record was set against India not a minnow. I seen a lot of players get close to the record but get out cus they are bored of minnow attacks. I'll back someone to do it this world cup, but it wont be against a minnow, unless its say RTD doing it against Scotland.

FRAZ

International Captain
I think there should be a law that the minnows will always bat first . I hate the sneaky average boosters and flat track and minnow bullies !!!

dass

Banned
ya anwar's record came against india in india that was the great thing about it, i still remember how he hit anil kumble for 3 sixes in a row that innings, amazing stuff !

pup11

International Coach
The day Gilly bats 50 overs he will score more than 200 with ease, and i have a feeling he might do that in this world cup against the likes of Scotland or Netherlands. Ponting or jayasuriya are my next best bet.

FRAZ

International Captain
ya anwar's record came against india in india that was the great thing about it, i still remember how he hit anil kumble for 3 sixes in a row that innings, amazing stuff !
I am not a fan of Pakistani Anwars and hawks and bla bla !!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fraz has spent a lot of time and money on buildig his mussles..and he is a fighter..

FRAZ

International Captain
The bowlers would still do it though...
Yeah thats right and sad too ! You gotta tell this to that Scottish guy who blasted at Holding upon this minnow issue . It's not the matter of race or color but they well and truly suck !!!!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guys like Jayasuriya, Gilchirst, Gayle, Gibbs and Ponting are all in with a fair chance. Wouldn't rule out somebody like Ganguly, Tendulkar or Graeme Smith though.