• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will the first to break Anwar's 194?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm sorry, but that post must collect the Inzy at the last minute. I got it once for mentioning an "eleventh wicket stand" so surely PF can have it for 100-7 = 91.
I believe it falls into next weekend's awards - if not, I might bend the rules (assuming Fraz spends a week away from the forum ;))

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You're too touchy over Pietersen. In no way was I criticising him, nor was dontcloseyoureyes.

The fact that he struggles to get to triple figures, which has been shown over the last 24 months, is proof that whilst he's a great ODI agressive batsman who scores very quickly, he rarely reaches a century for various reasons. Why he gets not outs in the 70s and 80s is obvious, he bats low. Add that with the fact he's lost his head a few times in ODIs, and its simple why he doesn't get to 100 very often. The same probably goes for Dhoni atm, even though he has a 183* to his name.

So, despite what many think, unless he bats higher, there are better candidates to break the 200 record. Gilly, Ponting, Jayasuriya, Ganguly, Smith, Gibbs, Gayle are all more likely.
And 2 of those centuries in South Africa shouldn't have been got, either...

Natman20

International Debutant
I think the one to do will be in the next generation cricketers most probably to emerge after the world cup. If it was to happen in the world cup i'd say Ricky Ponting

dass

Banned
I think the one to do will be in the next generation cricketers most probably to emerge after the world cup. If it was to happen in the world cup i'd say Ricky Ponting
i think thats true, i think the younger generation batsemen would have better chance because guys like Jayasuriya,Gilchrist,Ponting etc..... have already had lots of chances. New Zealand team has some nice younger generations batsmen.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Until Sannath Jayasuriya retires, my money would be on him.

After him it would have to be Ricky Ponting, Herchelle Gibbs, Rahul Dravid, Kumar Sangakara (I just don't know why, but he might be able to do so!!!!!)
lol Dravid has a chance of 1 out of 1000. lol
u will see him facing 194 bowles to make 20 against canada or any minow team playing in this world cup.lol.

my money is on Gilly, kumara sangakara, chris gayle, G. Smith.
i would really like to seee this record broken against bigger teams like Aus, Sa, pakistan, England, and so on.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Saeed anwar was all about timing. he would have just touch the ball and he was doing in the right time with no power the ball was rasing to the boundry. i just loved his cut short. just soo classy and beautiful. he is one of my fivorate batsman of all time.

pup11

International Coach
Dhoni? Would be a great achievement if he gets a double-ton batting at no.6 because i think Greg Chappell's experiments have ended so his chances of coming at no.3 are also pretty bleak.