• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will the first to break Anwar's 194?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would dispute a fair few of them but nonetheless, Zimbabwe since 2003 and Bangladesh ever are not capable of competing regularly with ODI-standard (ie, The Big Eight) sides. Thus, neither side is ODI-standard, so neither side deserves to be involved in games which are classed as ODI.
So, do you think that RTD scoring 200-odd against Ireland in an ODI shouldn't count?

Because Coventry was facing a fairly strong bowling attack. You could even argue that Bangladesh are ODI-standard now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You could also argue that they're not. And I suspect far more would do than wouldn't. (If, of course, they had the same definition of what constitutes "ODI-standard" as I do.)

Craig

World Traveller
How do you define ODI class? The West Indies sure as hell weren't ODI class against Australia recently, and neither were Pakistan.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
West Indies and Pakistan certainly are ODI-class, though if Pakistan's fielding doesn't sharpen-up a bit they'll be on the slippery slope toward it being questionable whether they are.

They may both have been diabolical in that one summer, but being ODI-class or not is a long-term, not short-term, thing. It's not like they're regularly being buried without trace like that series after series.

Athlai

Not Terrible
West Indies and Pakistan certainly are ODI-class, though if Pakistan's fielding doesn't sharpen-up a bit they'll be on the slippery slope toward it being questionable whether they are.

They may both have been diabolical in that one summer, but being ODI-class or not is a long-term, not short-term, thing. It's not like they're regularly being buried without trace like that series after series.
Haha how many ODIs have WI won since the world cup Rich?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dunno, why don't you tell me?

Let's remember that they were for a brief time handicapped by being somewhere between West Indies A and West Indies B, so those games are irrelevant.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dunno, why don't you tell me?

Let's remember that they were for a brief time handicapped by being somewhere between West Indies A and West Indies B, so those games are irrelevant.
Well forgetting those games they've still only won 6 in that period. 6!

Besides Bangladesh everyone else has 20 or so to their name at least. Bangladesh have probably got the better home record in that period too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How many home ODIs have West Indies played with their full-strength side since 2007? I'd be surprised if it was more than 10.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How many home ODIs have West Indies played with their full-strength side since 2007? I'd be surprised if it was more than 10.
Probably 30+ hardly with every star in the team at once but by no means did the West Indies B team play more than a handful of games.

Craig

World Traveller

That isn't answering my question, how do you define ODI class?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That isn't answering my question, how do you define ODI class?
Being able to compete regularly with ODI-standard sides and not having the overwhelming majority of your games result in easy victories for the opposition.