• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Odd action

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mitchel Johnson. I cannot help but stare at the way he keeps his delivery arm completely still as he's running in and goes into his action.

I remember watching a West Indian bowler - I think a batsman who bowled part time - who would walk into the crease, sort of shuffle/skid his feet on the crease and bowl. That was when I was about 5, I think.

Evermind

International Debutant
Harbhajan looks like he's spreading his wings to fly then suddenly decides to launch a cricket ball instead.

Kumble looks like he's gonna fall in front, and doesn't really wanna let go of the ball.

Sreesanth looks like he's saying "Hi, wait right there!" with his left hand just before he releases with his right.

Malinga looks like he's gonna behead the umpire but manages to miraculously avoid him, while Agarkar looks like he's just brisk walking with a nephew, in his runup.

Bracken always seemed like a guy about to lose his balance anytime.

McGrath's delivery seems unnaturally leisurely.

Brett Lee looks like his shoulder rotates about 480 degrees, starting from around the eye level in front of him.

Alright I'll stop now, being a little drunk.

Craig

World Traveller
Before my time, but what about Mike Proctor, he bowled with the wrong foot, so for a right handed bowler, his right footlanded first instead of his left.

Well that's how I read it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mitchel Johnson. I cannot help but stare at the way he keeps his delivery arm completely still as he's running in and goes into his action.

I remember watching a West Indian bowler - I think a batsman who bowled part time - who would walk into the crease, sort of shuffle/skid his feet on the crease and bowl. That was when I was about 5, I think.
Chris Gayle must be his protege.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, Chris Gayle's action is close to his.

Could've been Carl Hooper but I honestly can't remember itbt.
Carl Hooper bowled medium pacers with a little shuffle step thingee near the crease.

Roger Harper bowled offspin so.....

Carl Hooper came to my mind when you mention the action. Definitely him for my money

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Peter Willey used to face the square leg umpire and Derek Randell had a strange stance to match his strange personality

Swervy

International Captain
Before my time, but what about Mike Proctor, he bowled with the wrong foot, so for a right handed bowler, his right footlanded first instead of his left.

Well that's how I read it.
it actually is just an optical illusion.

Swervy

International Captain
heres one for you..Colin Croft

Lance Cairns had a strange looking bowling action as well

BoyBrumby

Englishman
James Kirtley has a <coughs> odd action; he has was could charitably be called a fluid elbow.

Tait has a rather low-slung arm action for mine too, I'd bet he has trouble with his back later on too. His action seems very energy-intensive.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
James Kirtley has a <coughs> odd action; he has was could charitably be called a fluid elbow.

Tait has a rather low-slung arm action for mine too, I'd bet he has trouble with his back later on too. His action seems very energy-intensive.
You'd be hard pushed to find a bowler that bowls at 100mph (give or take), that doesn't have an energy sapping action.