• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 prospects in each country

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
At only 24 or so.

Strange, seeing as a couple of years prior to that he was being discussed as a possible England player, surely there's another county needing one?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tobin Bailey is 28 - even though he looks rather younger.
TBH he's never really looked the ritz, though, has he?
IIRR it wasn't just because of his non-selection at Northants - I think he might have wanted to do something else.
I don't really think anyone except Alec Stewart in one passing comment a year before his retirement really thought of him as an England prospect - Geirant Jones is clearly massively superior.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
WI Prospects

1)Ravi Rampaul
2)Runako Morton
3)Tino Best
4)Devon Smith
5)Donavan Pagon
6)Lendl Simmons
7)Leon Garrick
8)Dwayne Bravo
9)Dave Mohammed
10)Ricardo Powell
1) Still looks a very good prospect if he can stay fit and get some FC experience.
2) One of the best batsmen in the region. Reports are that he's turned his life around since moving to (you guessed it) Trinidad and Tobago. :)
3) Fitness is the key IMO.
4) Very talented batsman who needs more faith placed in him especially in Tests.
5) I'd say that the likes of Marshall, Deonarine, Lambert, Maraj, have jumped ahead of him.
6) Needs more consistent playing time, which requires him to stay fit. I'm convinced he'll eventually play international cricket for the seniors.
7) Retired AFAIK. Had talent, but never got a proper run.
8) Need I say anything at all?
9) Is a better bowler than the selectors give him credit for. Worse bowlers have been given more of an opportunity.
10) Never came along as he should have after South Africa.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Nope!
Be one of the top all-rounders in the game if if all goes well in the next couple of years.

(Yes, that two ifs was intentional)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's got a beautiful cricketing brain. It would be a shame if he settled for a mid30s average with the bat and/or ball.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
BANGLADESH

Mohammad Ashraful
Nafis Iqbal
Mashrafe Mortaza
Enamul Haque Jnr
Abdur Razzaq Raj
Shamsur Rahman
Shahadat Hossain Rajib
Dhiman Ghosh
Aftab Ahmed
Nazmul Hossain

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
James90 said:
BANGLADESH

Mohammad Ashraful
Nafis Iqbal
Mashrafe Mortaza
Enamul Haque Jnr
Abdur Razzaq Raj
Shamsur Rahman
Shahadat Hossain Rajib
Dhiman Ghosh
Aftab Ahmed
Nazmul Hossain
Half those guys are regulars!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
1) Still looks a very good prospect if he can stay fit and get some FC experience.
2) One of the best batsmen in the region. Reports are that he's turned his life around since moving to (you guessed it) Trinidad and Tobago. :)
3) Fitness is the key IMO.
4) Very talented batsman who needs more faith placed in him especially in Tests.
5) I'd say that the likes of Marshall, Deonarine, Lambert, Maraj, have jumped ahead of him.
6) Needs more consistent playing time, which requires him to stay fit. I'm convinced he'll eventually play international cricket for the seniors.
7) Retired AFAIK. Had talent, but never got a proper run.
9) Is a better bowler than the selectors give him credit for. Worse bowlers have been given more of an opportunity.
10) Never came along as he should have after South Africa.
wow, give yourself a pat on the back :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
He's got a beautiful cricketing brain. It would be a shame if he settled for a mid30s average with the bat and/or ball.
from what ive seen, hes a gun with the bat and tidy with the ball. or maybe the other way around :wacko:

one of my fave players, good luck to him.

bryce

International Regular
James90 said:
BANGLADESH

Mohammad Ashraful
Nafis Iqbal
Mashrafe Mortaza
Enamul Haque Jnr
Abdur Razzaq Raj
Shamsur Rahman
Shahadat Hossain Rajib
Dhiman Ghosh
Aftab Ahmed
Nazmul Hossain
only three of them haven't played international cricket so it's quite pointless naming the ones who have, shahadat hossain is meant to be quite quick though and will probaly only be a matter of time before he joins the majority of those players in playing internataional cricket, aswell as dhiman ghosh because mashud won't be around for much longer and he is the next in line for the keeping job

bryce

International Regular
i think i can name quite a decent New Zealand list, i'll pick from players who are just starting to settle into first class cricket or making their way into it,

B.J Watling(Top Order Bat/Wicket Keeper) 19
Jesse Ryder(Top-Middle Order Bat) 20
Ross Taylor(Top-Middle Order Bat) 20
Daniel Flynn(Top-Middle Order Bat) 19
Rob Nicol(Middle Order Bat) 21
Andrew Ellis(Middle-Lower Order Bat/Medium-Fast Bowler) 22
Luke Woodcock((Middle-Lower Order Bat/Left-Arm Spinner/ Wicket Keeper) 22
Richard Sherlock(Fast Bowler) 21
Te Ahu Davis(Fast Bower) 19

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely Jamie How & Peter Fulton ahead of Daniel Flynn & Andrew Ellis (or a few of the others) at this stage?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hourn said:
In Australia there is unlimited amount of talent coming through.

Michael Clarke is the most recognizable, but looking around at others there are:

Sean Clingeleffer (Tasmania)- the Tasmanian keeper who is an abosolute gun batsmen/keeper.

Shane Watson (Tasmania) - deadset this guy is a gun in the longer version of the game. Doesn't score quick, which is why he looks under pressure in the one dayers. Bowls with reasonable pace and gets wickets.

Shannon Tubb (Tasmania) - is a pretty good left arm leg spin bowler from Tasmania as well.

Scott Brant (Queensland) - brilliant quick bowler from up north. Has talent that is undeniable.

Marcus North (Western Australia) - IMO it was a premature selection from Australia "A" but it is a testemant to the batting talent that he has.

Paul Rofe (South Australia) - can't believe this guy missed out on Australia "A". He is a superb bowler. Has plenty of wickets, and can't be far of higher honours.

Matthew Inness (Victoria) - has a strange action, but has the numbers on the board, which you can't argue against for too much longer. His action is the only thing holding him back at the moment.

Cameron White (Victoria) - doesn't spin it much, but gets plenty of bounce. Uncomfortable to play and at his age has plenty to offer in the future. Good solid batsmen as well.

Other guys which haven't yet hit the first class scene are:

Mark Cosgrove (South Australia) - 18 years of age IMO the best talent in Australia. Awesome batsmen. Scored runs in the SA 2nd XI v SA games earlier this season. Scores plenty of runs in under age cricket. Has done at all levels up to first class, and IMO will make the transition without to many problems.

Aaron Bird (NSW) - bloody quick this guy. Plays first grade cricket for Bankstown opening the bowling. 18 years of age with a rookie NSW contract. Hit Michael Slater in the head last year in a first grade game. Will play Australia under 19 this season.

Cameron Nupier (NSW) - also a quick opening bowler who will play NSW u/19 this season and most probalby Aus u/19. Has been opening the bowling for Campeblltown in 1st Grade cricket for 2 seasons now.

Greg Hunt (NSW) - 2nd season of first grade cricket. absolute gun batsmen and should make Aus u/19 if form permits. Got plenty of runs in first grade.

Other guys in Sydney Grade Cricket who have loads of talent are James Allsopp (Keeper), Michael Bright (batting all rounder), Brett Maher (batsmen), Will Somerville (off spin bowling allrounder)and Brad Roworth (quick bowling allrounder).

Definetaly a bright future for Australian cricket in my opinion.
THere was a young off-spinner bowling for SA vs NSw in the ING Cup match that looked good too

bryce

International Regular
Tim said:
Surely Jamie How & Peter Fulton ahead of Daniel Flynn & Andrew Ellis (or a few of the others) at this stage?
yeah obviously lol but i was more going for players 22 and under, IMO it is only a matter of time before those two play international cricket

C_C

International Captain
IND:

I.Pathan
A.Rayudu
S.Dhawan
P.Gupta
S.Raina
M.Patel
R.Singh
D.Karthik
M.Dhoni
SS Paul

JC_088

Cricket Spectator
NZ's promising players

Ross Taylor - Very Aggressive batter, NZ U-19 player and captain.
Jamie How - Cracks 3 concecutive centuries and then a 50 in the 4th innings.

Can't name anymore at the moment lol.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think that would be a good start for the next year or two, then he can press on and really put up the good numbers.