• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 prospects in each country

Kimbo

International Debutant
OK... did my research. Jesse Ryder from Masterton.
He played NZ u19. he was 17 then. he scored 70 against Aussie. He is a very aggressive batsman from what I know. He is left handed.
look out for him in the future.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Jesse Ryder is built well for an 18 year old. He scored 190 against the Australian Academy earlier in the year which was good to see.

I know alot of ppl build up there countries rookies, but usually 3/4 of them fall away so I refuse to say any from NZ UNLESS I really think they will dominate world cricket.

basil

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by Gotchya
Salman Butt
Good solid left handed opener, should make it good in the coming years.

Khalid Lateef
Another batsman who is technically very sound. Middle order consolidation is his speciality.

Zulqarnain Haider
Salman Qadir
Bazid Khan

to name a few......I have left out a lot of people, but i really dontk now the current crop excpet these fellas.
Some others include,

Umer Gul..A high quality pacer that will certainly part of the team in a year.

Najaf Shah..A left arm pacer, another exciting prospect.

Saeed bin nasir, a rt arm batsmen from Karachi.

Abdul Rauf..Another upcomming fast bowler.

[Edited on 25/11/2002 by basil]

Choora

State Regular
Good topic!

The top ten Indian prospect are,

BALAJI
Irafan Pathan
Gambhir
Rayudu
R Patel
T Yohannan
Yadev
srivastav
Madangopal
R Barrington

There are many upcomming players, some of them are,

Gambhir
Rayudu
Patel
T Yohannan
Irfan Pathan
Z Hussain
Yadev
Kartik
Harvinder S
R Barrington

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by sheerindianspeed

There are many upcomming players, some of them are,

Gambhir
Rayudu
Patel
T Yohannan
Irfan Pathan
Z Hussain
Yadev
Kartik
Harvinder S
R Barrington
Well two of the above mentioned players(tinu and kirthik) are already in the team.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
My ten would be:

Marcus North
Michael Clarke
nathan Hauritz
Shane Watson
Ashley Noffke
Lee Carseldine
Sean Marsh
Mitchell Johnson
Matthew Inness
Cameron White

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well two of the above mentioned players(tinu and kirthik) are already in the team.
That's stretching it a little - they're in a squad to tour NZ, but I'd be surprised if either play in a Test.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Please don't shout at me for digging this up!

I was just wondering how all the people named have progressed now?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
Please don't shout at me for digging this up!

I was just wondering how all the people named have progressed now?
It's interesting how many players were picked by various correspondants given that I'd heard of very few outside the English ones at the time.
Some interesting ones (inevitably): Richard Dawson, Tobin Bailey (now retired), Runako Morton, Tinu Yohannan! Graham Wagg!!
But some people like Gambhir, Pathan, Umar Gul, Salman Butt (especially in his case), Strauss, BRAVO, Devon Smith, these sort of people are in and around the scene. And as I say, I don't think I'd heard of any of them at the time this thread was being done.
Some (Rayudu, Ryder, etc.) are still in the "prospect" category.

Last edited: