Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you rather have??

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )

What would you rather have??

Please Only reply if you have to say anything about these 2 options,

This thread is not to discus PCB's past decisions, stupidity

Pak announcing both Shaoib and Asif in WC squad and taking a chance of them getting caught in the ICC's random testing, and getting banned for life(very likely)

or

Pak announcing that Both are unfit to be part of WC, Not taking them to WC, instead waiting as long as it takes for their bodies to get purified and them include in any Pak's squad.

I wouldnt be surprise if PCB goes with 2nd option and not pick them up for WC and then making sure that both contine to play for Pak in future. If it was only shoiab then i would have cared less and would have wanted him to be pickedup for WC(coz he atbest have 2 seasons in him) but Asif seems like only great aspect for Pakistan Bowling line up in near future(Gul is Injury prone, but i am not trying to make him look likaa lesser bowler.) and risking asif by playing him in WC and then quite possibly losing him forever, seems likaa risk PCB wouldnt take.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    I think it would be better for cricket if they took the tests, were found positive, then took the consequences for their actions.

However, if i were the PCB i'd only take them if they were 100% sure they would not test positive at the WC.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Erm, they have both been picked for the World Cup and after what went on recently, I don't think any Pakistani player will get found for drug abuse. Plus they're going to test every player before they leave anyway.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    I think it would be better for cricket if they took the tests, were found positive, then took the consequences for their actions.
    You know for certain that they deliberately took performance-enhancing steroids, do you?
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You know for certain that they deliberately took performance-enhancing steroids, do you?
    Well seeing as their own country convicted them of it then yes, i'm quite certain they did, and that they did not receive the adequate punishment for the crime commited.

Because someone convicted you of something automatically means you are guilty?

And I haven't read the judgement document but I'm not even certain the conviction was of deliberately taking steroids.

Because someone convicted you of something automatically means you are guilty?

And I haven't read the judgement document but I'm not even certain the conviction was of deliberately taking steroids.
    They were guilty of having nandralone in their body's at excessive levels, which last time i checked was something that warranted more than a few games ban which is what they effectively got.

Proving whether someone deliberately took performancing enhancing drugs beyond all reasonable doubt is damn near impossible.

Whether they took them on purpose or not, they still did not recieve the correct punishment as they would have received if the tests were conducted by the ICC.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    As a coach I would have faith in my players to have not taken more drugs and therefore take them to the world cup. You would think they would have learnt from their mistakes and therefore their punishment as well. I would also make sure players were on standby to back them up but not actually say that openly in front of Asif or Acktar. If they are found to have drugs in their system it should be instant dismissal without any opportunity to play international cricket ever again.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I think, by their own admission, they deliberately ingested what turned out to be steroids, their defence rested on the fact they were unaware that the tablets their fitness adviser/guru/pusher gave them were steroids.

Personally I don't see their cognizance of what they were taking as having any bearing on what their punishment should’ve been. It's their body & their livelihood.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Can i just clarify what the situation is here.

I was under the assumption that Asif and Akthar might test positive at the WC because they might still have excessive amounts of nandrelone left from when they were caught by the PCB but that if they got caught by the ICC they could acctualy be punished.

Is that wrong?

They were guilty of having nandralone in their body's at excessive levels, which last time i checked was something that warranted more than a few games ban which is what they effectively got.

Proving whether someone deliberately took performancing enhancing drugs beyond all reasonable doubt is damn near impossible.

Whether they took them on purpose or not, they still did not recieve the correct punishment as they would have received if the tests were conducted by the ICC.
    And I personally believe the notion that you have to be 100% responsible for what enters your body to be 100% ludicrous. Those who purvey such an idea (WADA et al) are living in cloud-cuckoo-land. Contamination, especially of supplements, is a fact of life in Britain, never mind in Pakistan. I've recently been diagnosed with something that's caused by steroids, steroids which I had no idea whatsoever I was ingesting because I was innocently taking creatine, and one tin happened to be contaminated. Only in a small amount, but more than enough.

And I only take the stuff 4 times a week max, and that's all I take; Heaven alone knows how many other players have been innocently taking steroids. I guess we might just find-out soon.

Can i just clarify what the situation is here.

I was under the assumption that Asif and Akthar might test positive at the WC because they might still have excessive amounts of nandrelone left from when they were caught by the PCB but that if they got caught by the ICC they could acctualy be punished.

Is that wrong?
    That's what seems to be the worry.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I think, by their own admission, they deliberately ingested what turned out to be steroids, their defence rested on the fact they were unaware that the tablets their fitness adviser/guru/pusher gave them were steroids.
    I don't think so. I think the claim was that supplements recommended by knowledgeable fitness gurus were contaminated.

And given a survey conducted which showed such a thing to be incredibly common (5% of all supplements contain some sort of contamination IIRR) I don't find that remotely inconceivable.

And I personally believe the notion that you have to be 100% responsible for what enters your body to be 100% ludicrous. Those who purvey such an idea (WADA et al) are living in cloud-cuckoo-land. Contamination, especially of supplements, is a fact of life in Britain, never mind in Pakistan. I've recently been diagnosed with something that's caused by steroids, steroids which I had no idea whatsoever I was ingesting because I was innocently taking creatine, and one tin happened to be contaminated. Only in a small amount, but more than enough.

And I only take the stuff 4 times a week max, and that's all I take; Heaven alone knows how many other players have been innocently taking steroids. I guess we might just find-out soon.
    From what i read of the report, all players were given a list of supplements they were allowed to take, Asif and Akthar ingested a drug that was not on that list, that they got somewhere in London i think.

Are we told whether they consulted anyone, or what that supplement they took in London was?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information