• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ashes Series Thread

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks as though Jones can bowl reasonably quick but his statement about him being able to bowl quicker than Brett Lee is kind of false. I seriously doubt he'd be able to consistently bowl at 150 k's with the bowling style he has.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Tim
It looks as though Jones can bowl reasonably quick but his statement about him being able to bowl quicker than Brett Lee is kind of false. I seriously doubt he'd be able to consistently bowl at 150 k's with the bowling style he has.
S.Jones, when in full flight is very quick up around 95mph... however I agree he isn't in Lee's league yet... but he has time on his side

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Rik
Why isn't Justin Langer fielding at Short Leg anymore? And who's replacing him?
I guess it would have to be with him keep getting hit, while fielding there...

As who will take over the job, it's a batsman's job so I will have a stab at D. Martyn

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ohhhhh dear...

Its cause of medical reasons and Lehmann was told to take his place...I think I got that off Cricinfo...

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Rik
Ohhhhh dear...

Its cause of medical reasons and Lehmann was told to take his place...I think I got that off Cricinfo...
I wouldn't have put Lehmann as the most athletic, however I should have got it, as the new boy always gets the pants jobs :D

Rich2001

International Captain
How many of our chatty posts will have been deleted when we wake up tommorow... at this rate we will have this whole topic to ourselves.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rich2001
How many of our chatty posts will have been deleted when we wake up tommorow... at this rate we will have this whole topic to ourselves.
50-1 declared :lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Ok this Test match marks a milestone for England

The match at the GABA is the ? Test England have played.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bloody Hell Jonesy gets a wicket then takes a superb catch! But they give Hayden out :( From what I heard that should have been given out.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
damn Jones just duffed a catch, he took it well but then threw it down towards the ground rather than lobbing it up so he had a better chance.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
This guy makes things happen though you need someone like him in a team

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I just saw it on tv, and he didn't really have control of the catch, if he had held on he would have fallen over the ropes so it was a good call by the umps.

Rich2001

International Captain
No what happened was that Jones took the catch.. but was heading to the rope, as you know it would have been 6 if he steped over, so he throw it up (after having it under control) however what baffles me is that 1 run was given... surely it should have been 6 or Out????

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmm but Vaas took one in the Summer and it was given as a catch but yes it should have been 4 or 6...or out...but not 1! Still Hayden would have been a brill wicket!

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Tim
95 mph!? are you serious?
His back & hips must take a hammering.
Yeah... it takes batsman by suprise to :D

And I get this feeling that the incident with Jones will haunt us now.... Hayden will score a big inngs now :(

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Tim
95 mph!? are you serious?
His back & hips must take a hammering.
Yep that's why he was out injured with a side strain for like 2 months....

Australia bring up the 100 with a super drive by Hayden.

And Hayden nearing his 50 (46*)