• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Pakistan is best known as cornered tigers

open365

International Vice-Captain
You'll forgive me I'm unconvinced.
One of my best mates is from Pakistan, i am not predudice against against Pakistanis, nor do i judge people by the colour of their skin, the country they come from, or the religion they follow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This person is arguing about Pakistani cricket on a cricket forum where you have been particularly vindictive towards that cricket team in the not-too-distant-past.

open365

This person is arguing about Pakistani cricket on a cricket forum where you have been particularly vindictive towards that cricket team in the not-too-distant-past.
So?

It seemed a pretty blatant accusation of racism to me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was nothing of the sort - it was to do with prejudice against a cricket team (and it's fans).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But why?

Why flame-bait when you're bored?

Why not do as I do, and search for threads to dig and old ground to go over?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It doesn't matter how it was made - you know perfectly well that such comments have been being made with a ridiculous monotony of late, and contributing or appearing to contribute is just totally unneccessary.

Swervy

International Captain
It doesn't matter how it was made - you know perfectly well that such comments have been being made with a ridiculous monotony of late, and contributing or appearing to contribute is just totally unneccessary.
1. I havent been here for a while and so , no, I wasnt aware that there was a huge problem with this recent.

My comment was a jokey reference to this : 3 OF THOSE 5 BOWLERS IN THE LIST ARE SPINNERS WHO WONT GET ANYTHING FROM TEMPERING

The oportunity was there for a cheap laugh and I took it. Do we really have to get to a point where we are afraid of maybe putting someones nose out of joint when they are bigging up their team. Did the original poster really expect everyone to bow down and all bathe in the glory of Pakistans success at defending small totals. If he did , maybe he was being slightly naive.

lets face it, probably most of the time when someone posts some sort of interesting fact about the team they support that suggests that there is some aspect of superiority in his/hers team over other teams Like this one did), it is to , in some way, rub the noses in it of the readers of the thread who dont support that team. What reaction is expected....yep you guessed, you will get people who will question it, rightly or wrongly, it will happen.

Does this mean then starting a thread like this is baiting or whatever the word is (still not really up on all this web talk ;))...No, despite the fact that the guy was trying to imply Pakistans superiorlity over others in this particular situation.

If Open 365 wants to say what he said, then he should be allowed to say it. Its his opinion, and he was in fact making what he would consider a logical arguement to the initial posting.

I dont agree with this ganging up mentality that in fact you would appear to encouraging in this thread, and also the ridiculous EXD or what ever it is thing you have against Scaly and I think a few others.

lets not get all high and mighty about me making one jokey comment when in fact you probably wind more people up on this forum than anyone else (which again, is your right, and so i dont have aproblem with it)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
How come SA is uperior? if you add up all the South Africans it comes upto cumalitive144% and if you add up all the Pakistanis in that list it comes up to 166%.

from your calc, you can say that Polluck is better than Wasim or Waqar when defending under 200, however if you take how the teams performed, Pakistan is better
It is very simple and Ill go though it very slowly.

South Africa win more of their games when they are defending a total of less than 200 compared to Pakistan.

All of the SA players mentioned were more likely to be involved in a victory when defending less than 200 than all of the Pakistanis listed.

Cold hard facts based on the figures you provided I afraid. Its an open and shut case.

Last edited:

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
It is very simple and Ill go though it very slowly.

South Africa win more of their games when they are defending a total of less than 200 compared to Pakistan.

All of the SA players mentioned were more likely to be involved in a victory when defending less than 200 than all of the Pakistanis listed.

Cold hard facts based on the figures you provided I afraid. Its an open and shut case.
point taken. But Pakistan has done it in more occasions than SA. Its just Pakistan gets out under 200 ways too many time:cool:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
point taken. But Pakistan has done it in more occasions than SA. Its just Pakistan gets out under 200 ways too many time:cool:
I hope you dont think I was getting at you, it was just that the figures you provided didnt back up your case and I was just pointing it out. From your figures SA were more likely to defend <200. However, I do agree with you to an extent, there is no doubt that Pakistan can be a very dangerous team and can defend anything when they get everything right :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1. I havent been here for a while and so , no, I wasnt aware that there was a huge problem with this recent.

My comment was a jokey reference to this : 3 OF THOSE 5 BOWLERS IN THE LIST ARE SPINNERS WHO WONT GET ANYTHING FROM TEMPERING

The oportunity was there for a cheap laugh and I took it. Do we really have to get to a point where we are afraid of maybe putting someones nose out of joint when they are bigging up their team. Did the original poster really expect everyone to bow down and all bathe in the glory of Pakistans success at defending small totals. If he did , maybe he was being slightly naive.

lets face it, probably most of the time when someone posts some sort of interesting fact about the team they support that suggests that there is some aspect of superiority in his/hers team over other teams Like this one did), it is to , in some way, rub the noses in it of the readers of the thread who dont support that team. What reaction is expected....yep you guessed, you will get people who will question it, rightly or wrongly, it will happen.

Does this mean then starting a thread like this is baiting or whatever the word is (still not really up on all this web talk ;))...No, despite the fact that the guy was trying to imply Pakistans superiorlity over others in this particular situation.

If Open 365 wants to say what he said, then he should be allowed to say it. Its his opinion, and he was in fact making what he would consider a logical arguement to the initial posting.
I don't know how much you've been reading of late but there's been a very, very definate pattern (and one that's justifiably pissed-off considerably the Pakistani contingent here) of non-stop, monotonous, over-and-over snide comments along the "Pakistan are a bunch of constantly-cheating scumbags" lines. I haven't even experienced 1\10th of it, BTSOT, and I'm sick of it already (and so are the likes of Jono, adhar and pasag). As a result of that, I replied scathingly. There's nothing wrong with the odd jibe-back when someone makes a thread-starting comment of the type you allude to but when it's a repetition of stuff that's been done ad nauseum for the last God-knows-how-long, it starts to seriously piss people off, especially those who are on the receiving-end.

As I say - you can kinda be excused for not realising this as you have been absent until recently, but I hope you understand why it's so unutterably annoying to find three posts in quick succession that all imply the same thing, especially when such a thing is (when expressed in seriousness) a rather sizeable insult.
I dont agree with this ganging up mentality that in fact you would appear to encouraging in this thread, and also the ridiculous EXD or what ever it is thing you have against Scaly and I think a few others.
Err, I have against EXD that he's a cretinous ****, frankly. And I see no reason why I'm in the wrong for referring to him as EXD when he started the whole thing with his "Motson" nonsense. EXD is generally widely disliked around these parts - I'm astounded if you've missed that (or maybe you just don't talk to people off the forum). It's a pretty tolerant crowd, all-in-all, though (and yes, I've benefited from that of times), and so he's never been ostracised the way he might. But, with his ignore-list being probably about 4 times larger than the rest of the forum put together, he does his best to help himself along the way.
lets not get all high and mighty about me making one jokey comment when in fact you probably wind more people up on this forum than anyone else (which again, is your right, and so i dont have aproblem with it)
That's arrant nonsense and you might know it if you hadn't been absent for such a while.

open365

Who's EXD??

And Richard, sorry for posting like that, i just don't like threads like this where someone goes "My team is great, look at these stats" + I haven't noticed all these dumb monotonous comments you mention(though that isn't a challenge that they aren't there, i just haven't seen them)